They Actually Said it!- A rant Brought to you By sw29

by saywhat29 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Can't quote word for word, but at the DC this Friday, the last talk given, the speaker actually said "Not to question the Faithful and Discreet Slave" and everybody around me was eating it up like it was cake. My insides were churning when that guy said that crap.

And the funny thing is that if i hadn't been reading this board, reading the evilOMG! apostate literature they 'warned' us not to, then i would have been feeling guilty for my doubt, for my lack of faith, for being different, and all the rest of that crap. How can the people who basically make up a religion- the bulk of it at least- not even QUESTION it, question the people that are quiding them?! Catholics can still be catholics and admit the the pitfalls and mess ups of the catholic church. Every history book shows where the catholic church messed up and guess what? PEOPLE are STILL CATHOLICS! It doesn't change their faith. That really rattled me and worst, i had to give a "yeah, sure it was nice" when asked about the DC. You can't really be ask in a public area full of JWs who fill "charged up" after a DC 'What did you think of it' and give an honest answer.

The speaker then went on to say that 'It doesn't say Perfect Faithful and Discreet Slave in the bible either" and for a second I had a moment of disbelief, you know? That maybe it could be the right religion after all, after all I had learned. BUT I had to remind myself of the guilt trips, the tactics that are used to keep people from questioning anything and everything and that was just one of them. Of course they aren't perfect, but then if you aren't perfect then you shouldn't claim to know sh*t when you obviously do not. You can't control people's lives with a sceptor of morality and then when bad stuff hapens, act as if you aren't responsible. And more than anything, when you make a mes of everything, you can't tell me not to look on the Internets so I won't know about it. Nobody asked you to be perfect, yet you can make decisions, more about on this planet and dictate others lives as if you are? Yet to say that to my family would mean a long long fight that i know they would lose in, that would eventually bring in the elders who would then escalate things within my family (and you know the funny thing? For some time i actually believed that these dudes in tacky suits somehow that the right to rule and make judgements upon other peoples families- how a bunch of bull!), so i will be quiet.

For now. And tacky suits abound yesterday. Even my suit was tacky... tacky tacky tacky. I can't wait to buy a really nice suit and not have to worry about sweating in it on a hot Sat. morning.

Good G-d, I wish could go back in time before I was even born and answer the door before my family and tell that sister down the street that we just aren't interested. Maybe our lives wouldn't have been so invested into this religion as our only way of hope and salvation, maybe we would be able to relate without any word of God ever being brought up. Because all families disagree on fundamental levels one way or another. Hell, I'm gay and i know that i would still be outcasted from my family if they weren't witnesses. But I know I would still be able to talk and be with them even if there was a huge disparity between us. We would still be able to talk about "other things"- just like othr families have to do for a while until things get better.

But nope thats not how it will happen. And that's just me- i can't imagine just being a person who didn't agree or believe it anymore and not being able to talk to my family. That would really send me over the moon with anger- and they wonder why sometimes 'apostates" are 'evil, angry people'. Your religion kind of.. oh, i don't know... MADE THEM THAT WAY.

Just had to get that out. I said I would attend Sundays service but not Saturday as I had something planned with a friend of mine. I really meant that It would be nice to not want to rip off my ears. Or think of a fall down those wonderful starcases- I thought about falling down those stairs so many times as to get out of there its not funny.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

I hope some day you will get totally out and away from the madness

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

I hope some day you will get totally out and away from the madness

purps

• Cellist
    Cellist

You have my sympathy. I am so glad that I don't have to attend those dreadful things called conventions anymore.

Cellist

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

It is kind of amazing how it is like a switch goes off in your head...and then you are really able to SEE RIGHT THROUGH what they lie about! It was cool to see it through your eyes! Welcome...I am glad you are free!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Please maintain a grip on the handrails at all times.

(Don't take a header down the stairs.)

Good post. Nice to have you here.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

There is a high positioning of power and mind control going on with WTS., those comments that were spoken at the assembly were exactly the same 40 , 50 years ago.

There are men at Bethel that have dreamed for decades of being a member of the GB so when they finally do get that privilege you can bet they want to hold on to it.

Having their slaves to do their marketing and promotion of themselves is the most important to sustain this privileged position

The intellectual growth to the individual for the benefit to themselves or for sake of humanity is not of their concern or care.

Decades ago they said that universities and collages are places of godlessness and should be avoided.

Advanced education has no purpose in this soon to end system of things as they use to say

Except of course when they need medical health, then they want the most advanced possible and are willing to show up at hospitals with bags of of money just to get it.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    but at the DC this Friday, the last talk given, the speaker actually said "Not to question the Faithful and Discreet Slave" and everybody around me was eating it up like it was cake.

Well, a good friend of mine was one of them. He called to give me the Friday highlights saying that the talks were so blunt that it was like it was only for real JW's since that's who show up on Fridays. In addition to mentioning what you said above, he went into detail about the FDS being God's only channel and that we are so close to the end ...blah,blah,blah...but he did say that afterwards many were talking about how the FDS was getting ready for something and that they know something is about to happen. He asked me what I thought about everything he mentioned in his Friday recap...my response was "Hmm...interesting"

You can't really be ask in a public area full of JWs who fill "charged up" after a DC 'What did you think of it' and give an honest answer.

I just find a way to not give an answer. But anyway, I will be at the DC this Sunday so that I can tell my family that I went as they have no clue about my fade. Although I think in some ways they won't be surprised. sw29, I have noticed that now its like I can see through the schpill that comes off the platform. I hope the education talk is not on Sunday because I will probably get up and walk out.

My dad isn't a JW, so I was one of the rare witness kids that got a degree right after high school (I've all been criticized for that all my life - but it never stopped the brothers from asking me for money.) Anyway, education is valuable, me and all my siblings started retirement accounts just like normal people do when they graduate from college and get a job. Even my friend that went on and on about the Friday highlights, who is an ex-bethelite and ex-pioneer and is broker-than-broke (literally), to this day he talks down about education saying that anyone who truly loves Jah would forsake an education and get busy in the ministry. Yet he's struggled to pay his rent (and owes me a ton of money) for many years, has NO retirement and will be 40 this year and has no health insurance. Well I got busy in the ministry with an education and you know what I was told by many witnesses....that it didn't mean a thing because I didn't struggle. That anyone could pioneer if they were in my situation but real pioneers are the ones that make sacrifices...even after I left a high-paying job to preach in a foreign land for a few years...it wasn't good enough...even after I turned down HUGE promotions to continue pioneering it wasn't good enough...this isn't how I felt...this is what I was told by many witnesses. I've even been told that Jah is going to do something special in the new world for those that struggled in this system vs the ones that seem to glide through life.

Okay..now..I'm ranting...when I think over things like this...I too wish I could go back in time and redo my JW history...I remember asking the brothers, when I was 15 and still not baptized, "how do I know this is the truth?" but then my little sister got baptized and I had to do something cuz if you were raised in the truth you know what that means when your younger sis/bro gets baptized before you do. But then I actually started to believe...and after many years I find myself here..bitter ...but I'm getting over it with the help of JWD....because at least now I know I'm not crazy. Well anyway, I think the FDS is starting to plant the seeds for some drastic stunt they are going to pull which is why they're telling everyone now to follow the FDS no matter what they say or do.

Thanks sw29 for starting the rant.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome! Feel free to rant here.

changeling

• TwentyYearsOut
    TwentyYearsOut

"never good enough" is a theme that's always been in fashion in JW land. A great way to control people.

Thanks "shopaholic" for bringing that up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit