Newbie here...

by BuzbyU 39 Replies latest jw friends

• BuzbyU
    BuzbyU

Hello to everyone.. Had to say Hi! A bit about myself.. I am 46 yrs olds old, live in Chicago area. I am a dis-fellowshipped JW. I was in the organization since I was a kid. I married a JW , was married for almost 25 years,never had kids... I got divorced this last April, and have not looked back. I was an Elder for about 6 years, but still unhappy trying to make everyone else happy, so I stepped down. Seems that I did it all for everyone else instead of myself... Go figure. I have nothing against the JW's, actually I feel they are good people, with strong convictions, but it was just never in my heart, and I felt hypocritical, so I left. My X is still strong in the organization, and continues to pioneer. My mother is still a witness as well as my sister. My brother was DF'ed in 79, I beleive, and we keep in touch as often as we can. He lives in Memphis, so hard to get together as much as we would like. I am very very happy with my life and where I am headed. My brother turned me onto this site, so I hope to keep up with it and add what I can to it. Well thats about it for now.. hope all is well for everyone! Look forward to some banter.. Gregg

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Gregg,

Welcome aboard the good-ship JWD !

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Gregg,

Welcome! Former elder and Pioneer here as well. Also divorced after 33 years, and my ex is still a JW.

I'm now with a new partner, the woman with me in my avatar photo.

Been an interesting trip, but I also am much happier in many ways now. It's nice to be able to think and do what I want to.

S4

• BFD
    BFD

Welcome, Greg.

BFD

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Buzbyu, nice to see that you are doing and feeling so well after leaving the cult, it was inevitable since being in that environment places too many unreasonable demands on a person while it lacks true fraternal love and spirituality. Also great that you got once more in touch with your ex JW brother.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Gregg,

Welcome to the forum! Stick around and get to know us.

Dave

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Gregg

It takes a lot of courage to post the first time....Well done!!! It took me almost 6 months to post. The paranoia about being discovered on any supposed anti-Jw website.

Lack of love, and the May 2002 Dateline exposing the pedophile coverup in the WTBS lead me to fade in 2003.

Codeblue

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome Gregg. DJK

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to JWD; does your brother post here?

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome Gregg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit