Who is the next most powerful/dominant member of the GB after Jaracz?

by yaddayadda 14 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ
    Jack Barr is too old - 95 next year.

Brother Barr is merely a translucent vehicle through which Jehovah can operate.

When Brother Barr has outlived his usefulness, Jah will take him to Heaven where Bro. Barr will continue to communicate with the GB.

This should be obvious to us all.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Thanks for your comments, particularly Deaconbluez. Nathan Natas yor comments cracked me up.

If you are right Deaconbluez then it seems Samuel Herd will be the next big cheese, if he isn't already. I would like to know more about this man's background. He is the big black dude right?

Judging by the transcript of his controversial talk last year, in which I believe he suggested that the preaching work had practically ended (would like a link to that thread) it seems to me that he may be somewhat of a maverick, prepared to make slightly unorthodox and provocative claims, someone who comes up with new ideas? Could he be the next Freddy Franz?

What else do we know about Sam Herd, assuming he is going to be the next head honcho after Jaracz demise?

Yadda

• greendawn
    greendawn

Greenlees was definitely into boys that's why he was sent away from the GB and the Bethel though he wasn't DFed for his activities. Whatever happens there will always be a hardliner waiting to replace Jaracz. The WTS hardline policies will not change any time soon.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I concur with the idea of Herd being the next up.
    He was once the DO of my District.
    He had the honor of being quoted as saying "Sisters, if the barn needs painting - paint it."
    that was in reference to sisters wearing makeup.
    He recently gave a talk at the special assembly day, and he hasnt lost his touch.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Another question: Why has there never been a GB who retired? Why do they all get to continue as GB members even when they become decrepid with age? What must be happening is these ancient old buzzards get to vote on important decisions on the GB when they are most probably not up to it mentally anymore.

I don't know that this is always true. When I was at Bethel, GB member John Booth was living in the infirmary, as he was not up to the daily activities. Officially, everyone still refered to him as a GB member, but I know that he seldom, if ever left the infirmary - so I doubt that he was involved in any organizational business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit