What sends you over the edge?

by restrangled 43 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

There was a recent thread on spelling, sentence structure, etc., that was legitimate, but probably made other's feel stupid.

My question is, what is your personal pet peeve?

I've got a problem with poor construction inside my home...I hate the trim work, some cut too short so it looks like mouse holes over the floor. I had my kitchen redone and the layout was so unusual that I can't open a fridge door unless I pull it forward or push it back to open a drawer. I want new counters but can't because these cheap ass counters were glued in and have to be sawed off.

I grew up in a house where every construction detail was perfect. So now when I spend the day cleaning, I also spend the day swearing.

Anyone else?

r.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

uhhhh, sorry, I got nothing.

• journey-on
  • snarf
    snarf

People that go around saying things to other people about you, knowing it will get back to you. Why not just come to me to begin with?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

This is work related:

I'm a radiology nurse, I see 8 patient's a day and then I leave. It pisses me off when I have a patient in the waiting room, I'm sitting there with my thumb up my A** and the front desk is not checking them in!

It happen 3 times today, when I finally got my patients we were already 30 minutes into their appointment .

Okay, I feel better now, sorry that probably was not what you were looking for, but I never got the chance to vent before I left work, lucky you huh

nj

• greendawn
    greendawn

People that just arrived and then go on to audaciously jump the queue especially if I had to wait for a long time in it, people that park their vehicles on the pavement (sidewalk) obstructing the movement of pedestrians, as if it were their personal parking space. People at the supermarket with 50 or 60 items in their trolleys trying to get through the counter that says "Express checkout maximum eight items".

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    People at the supermarket with 50 or 60 items in their trolleys trying to get through the counter that says "Express checkout maximum eight items".

I agree, that happend to me today too!!! I think I should just stay inside for the rest of today, away from other people. I'd better warn the hubby and kids to not "PLUCK" my nerves today, I've had enough!

nj

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Turn signals/Blinkers and the people who think you can read their minds.

Go ahead and cut me off, I read your mind a few miles back and knew what you were going to do. Don't mind me I am just sitting here waiting to turn and you obviously are going to continue straight thru because you don't have your signal on......WAIT you are turning.... well thanks for nothing.

Or my personal fave... changing lanes to a turn lane only and THEN turning on your blinker. Thanks I was a little confused about what you were doing. Turn signals are for signaling intent not announcing after the fact "Hey Look at me I changed lanes".

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, r.!

I grew up in an angry, yelling and screaming household. It took me years to get that out of my system - particularly in the last six years alone [no one to push my buttons!].
    Therefore, when I "see" anger on the board, I become strangely embarrassed and conflicted emotionally. I don't mean that the heated discussions of themselves are necessarily wrong. I guess it's the insults and name-calling that 'send me over the edge.'
    I used to be very angry and could spew out the invectives like a champ [chump?]. Now I cannot deal with verbal sparring.

Does that make me Caspar Milquetoast?

CoCo Caspar

• erandir
    erandir

I do'nt hafe a prbolem speling so no it dont bothre me nun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit