Serving the stonger or the weaker ?

by JH 5 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

My philosophy has always been that its up to the stronger to help the weaker and not the other way around.

Like why would I give money to the Watchtower, when it's WAY richer than I am ?

Often the JW's said, "you have to serve Jehovah". That also bugged me. I always thought, it should be up to God to help those that are weaker than him, and everybody is weaker than God.

When I see how sick and poor and desperate some are, I couldn't understand why the stronger one, "Jehovah",didn't come to their aid somehow, someway.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Maybe because Jehoober is only an imaginary being in the JW fantasy land

My question was always, if there is a God, and he is so all powerful, all knowing, why didn't he get it right the first time? Why keep destroying and giving the lowly humans another chance. He could have got it all straight the first time!

IMHO

nj

• BCberean
    BCberean

My name is not Pinochio

Hmmm...does Pinnochio have 2 n's???

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My answer to you is that God is a concept invented by the fat lazy clergy class to keep the intellectually poor oppressed in servitude to them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Having a God who demands people to serve Him constantly means that He is nothing more than a lazy lousy rotten tyrant and a Bum. Since when does God obligate Himself to giving people their needs and wants, after He obligates them to pioneer? I have never seen that happen. Nor have I ever read a Puketower article that God is obligated to make people happy in exchange for serving Him.

Result: Since God has never given me anything of value, I have cut Him off. He expects service out of me--and yet He expects to get out of paying the "bill" which is well within His means to pay. What happens if you forget to pay your Internet access or electric bill long enough? Eventually, it is going to come to no excuses--you will get cut off. And, to get service reinstated, usually you have to pay the whole amount in arrears, a service charge (usually something like $25 or $50) to get reconnected, and a security deposit which can be several months of charge before you can get your service reinstated. This means that Jehovah is going to be in for a huge bill in arrears, a huge bill for reconnection, and a huge "security deposit" before He is eligible for anything that resembles service from me.

Until all those charges are paid in full, I will continue to be an antitheist.

• greendawn
    greendawn

God doesn't demand to be served in the way that the WTS presents, they promote a very distorted image of God and the way he deals with mankind. As for the insatiable demands of the WTS to receive donations that makes sense once we understand that they are a commercial enterprise out to make money for those hiding behind it.

Obviously it is the super rich WTS that should be giving donations to its needy and loyal members an idea that is totally alien to their minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit