Music Buffs-Here We Go Again! Please list your Top 10 Singers of all Time !

by flipper 35 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here. I know I'll get teased for this one, because I'm a blues and rock and roll guy, however I believe I must say that a couple of my favorite female singers of all time, it might be sappy, but Karen Carpenter did have a great singing voice,Celine Dion was good, Barbara Streisand was too. Most unique recognizable female singing voice? Probably Stevie Nicks. Whether it was really a good singing voice has always been up for debate

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Flipper don't apologize for them ...throw in Dusty Springfield too

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks so much for your replies. Keep em' comin as I won't add a total up to see who was listed the most till the end of the week. Have lots of work this week and not much time. So it might give others time to think of more singers they liked, and we'll see how it totaled out at the end of the week

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. Gang her are the top 15 singers as voted by you all, members of JWD! I put just the top 15 because all these singers had 3 votes or more. Too many to list with 2 or less would dilute the list.

1. Barbara Streisand - 7 votes

2. Frank Sinatra - 6 votes

3. Freddie Mercury - 5 votes

4. Bono - 4 votes

5. Arethra Franklin - 4 votes

6. Elvis Presley - 4 votes

7. Sting - 4 votes

8. Karen Carpenter - 3 votes

9. Phil Collins - 3 votes

10. Etta James - 3 votes

11. Jim Morrison - 3 votes

12. Van Morrison - 3 votes

13. Robert Plant - 3 votes

14. Pavorrotti - 3 votes

15. Bruce Springsteen - 3 votes

Well folks, that does it. Interesting list, huh? Some may agree, some may not, but it's how we all voted. Thanks for your replies. We'll do it again sometime

• fedorE
    fedorE

1. Agnetha Faltskag

2. Loreena McKennit

3. Kristy Thirsk

4.Tarja Turunen

5. JUKA-PEKKA LEPPALUOTO

6. Bruce Dickinson

7. Gordon Lightfoot

8.Zach Wylde

9.Robert Plant

10.Till Linderman

• flipper
    flipper

Here's another old thread that got bumped up. Since this time I've really gotten into Tom Waits. I know, I know he has a rough gravelly, growly voice- however it goes very nicely with the blues type of music he sings - reminds you of how Howlin Wolf used to sing- from the gut. Pretty cool stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit