Conversation with a Pioneer and............

by Save My Soul 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

The elders are pushing my son to get baptized at 13. I said no, not until he is 18. (HA-ha, I want him to become a good public speaker first) It is too big of a commitment / decision for a 13 YO.

They ask do I lack faith in the org., I ask them, do you ever remember the FDS lying to us? That usually ends the conversation.

• amen
    amen

I spent 15 years to many in the org. When i was leaving or fading for good, it was during the invasion in Iraq in 2003.

Well, i heard the story line. We are so close to the end. Well, i knew the organization did not have the truth, there is nothing they could say that could make comeback or change my mind.

Lucky me, before i left. I went to school got a career and i could not have done better.

I enjoy life and above all my spirituality is in my hand not in some men in NY, they should be hang for apostacy, then again let them live because one day they will pay for it.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I spoke to someone today via e-mail. I presented the changes and mentioned that these seemed cultic. She told me the society had knowledge of things that we did not and she felt the end was all the moreso closer.

Incredible!!!

• penny2
    penny2
    She told me the society had knowledge of things that we did not and she felt the end was all the moreso closer.

In 1970, I worked with an older JW who was in touch with the upper echelons. He told me that although the WTS was openly saying that Armageddon would occur around 1975, those in bethel (Sydney, Australia) believed it would happen in 1972-73.

And they call it "The Truth".

penny2

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think for the older gen it is hard. Consider the fact that some have been raised in the religion. They have given up everything (friends, education, hobbies) ... what would happen if they left. It would be a frightening thing for a 60 or 70 year old to leave who has never established friends or a connection w/ the outside.

I consider my mother a perfect example of someone who was raised in the religion. Her family members are JW, all her friends are JWs. Granted she is financially secure and she is educated (she went back to school much later in life). But where would she go for friends. She is of the black and white JW mentality. Who is going to put up w/ her and her I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG approach to life. Her only friends are JW and they treat her great. She has chosen to cut everyone one else off (including me) that is not a JW. So where would she go if she left???

Also, I think some of it is the thought process I cannot give up the idea that this might not be the right religion or the promises I have always dreamed of will not come true. There are people who have lost loved ones and they long for the day they see them again. There are those that are handicapped and they dream for the day when they are not. For them to recognize that this religion is crap, well, think of how heart breaking that would be for them. I think some people would not be able to survive that reality. So they continue to live the dream.

• fedorE
    fedorE

Recently my father screamed that i better not be a false one. He yelled that there must be 500,000 of these kind of witnesses who come to meetings but are actually apostate or just false brothers and sisters. He got mad when i said i hadnt read that in the WT and ill believe it when its in print. .....lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit