"Angel of Death" cat

by daystar 14 Replies latest social current

• daystar
    daystar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6917113.stm

Oscar has a habit of curling up next to patients at the home in Providence, Rhode Island, in their final hours.

According to the author of a study in the New England Journal of Medicine, the two-year-old cat has been observed to be correct in 25 cases so far.

Staff now alert the families of residents when he sits down next to their ailing loved one.

"He doesn't make many mistakes. He seems to understand when patients are about to die," David Dosa, a professor at Brown University who carried out the research, told the Associated Press news agency.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Animals are much more perceptive and aware than humans, and have heightened senses.

This does not surprise me that this cat can sense when a person is dying, it could be that he hears their heart beat becoming irregular, or perhaps dying people give off an odour that we cannot detect, or all of the above...

That is why they are also able to sense ''spirits'' when we can't.

What an interesting article, Daystar, Thank you for sharing it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Cool, daystar.

Thanks.

• BFD
    BFD

I would guess that not too many people around there would like a little pussy.

BFD

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Can I borrow the cat for a bit? I'd like to send it to my mother in law.

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

I heard about this from my brother a few minutes ago, he messaged me saying something about psychic cats on the BBC news and how that had put him off watching the news on the BBC for life. I can understand really, for that to be a main news story when there is so much more to cover is appauling.

But at the same time I find the story interesting, after all cats and dogs are suppose to be able to see that they are ill and might die, so I can see why they might be able to tell that a human will die also.

But as a main news story this is pretty pathetic, at least I think so :P!

Faery

• daystar
    daystar

Hey faery! 40 posts in less than two days and none introducing yourself to the group?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I guess that's how Jesus will eliminate death in the new system. He will have the "cat of death" put down.

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

But the cat of death strikes me as rather good :P!

:) introduce, I might do that, not that I have much to say.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is a whole lot more to life than is visible to the naked eye, animals can even sense earthquakes before they strike, there are invisible energies operating around us and from our bodies. We perceive things in ways that go beyond the physical senses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit