WT KINGDOM FARM SOLD $$$$$

by DannyHaszard 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is there any way we can temporarily slash the value of the land so that some worldly person will get a steal, and the Tower will take a bath on the sales of these properties?

I wonder what's up with that Tower of Babel at 25 Sand Street. I remember that when they were so proudly making progress reports on it. It was sickening: I used to hate it when they announced another floor being opened. I hoped that there would be a serious accident on that site that would throw the whole project decades behind schedule, ruin the inhabited areas, and cost them hundreds of millions or billions of dollars to fix. All the hoopla when that piece of s*** went up, and now they have to sell out.

WANTED: ONE SKYSCRAPER AT 25 SAND STREET. WILL USE FOR SATANIC PURPOSES INCLUDING DISTRIBUTION OF CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS AND RAP MUSIC. WILL PAY A MAXIMUM OF ONE (1) CENT FOR THE WHOLE BUILDING AND ITS LOT.

• Nulite
    Nulite

The skyscraper is at 90 Sands street next to what is left of the old printery.

NL

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Is this where they filmed Children of the Corn?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

The Society wants to put a printing factory on 500 acres of agricultural land. To produce worthless mind numbing magazines full of loaded language. To hell with their empire!!

In the mid to late '90s the Society considered building a community there to print the Jehovah's Witnesses' Watchtower publication that would include residences as well as the printing facilities. At that time they met with residents to explain how they planned to handle the impact of a large new community nestled within the town. They also entered into an agreement with the Town to contribute $1.5 million to a sewer project in exchange for an agreed upon amount of sewer capacity to the property, when the project came to pass. "It's our desire to continue to fulfill that arrangement," said Daniel Rice, representing the Society. "We realize how important that has been to the Town."
  • proplog2
    proplog2

Maybe they are maintaining liquidity while land in the USA is still worth something. They seem to have written off New York City and they anticipate some kind of world catastrophe and figure they will need Euros, Rubles,Yen or even Gold or whatever becomes the stable currency.

Selling off USA assets seems to be a wise move if you believe something is going to turn bad.

Does anyone know if they are selling their properties overseas?

• lemoniev
    lemoniev

As has been brought out, Watchtower Farm and Kingdom Farm are completely different things. Watchtower Farm (the one everyone is familiar with) is not going anywhere, as far as I know. Kingdom Farm hasn't been used for anything for ages and it's no surprise they want to sell it. This really isn't as shocking as it seems.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Over the years, the Society has had a number of agricultural properties. I think this one was where the Gilead School was originally located, as has been mentioned, and one they've had probably since the 40s or 50s.

I think this one also at one time had one of the largest open field areas in NY State. After Gilead was moved to NYC, there were just a few Bethelites that lived there and worked the farm.

They had one with orange groves in Florida, a few like that scattered around. I think the Society found that, over time, they could buy food more cheaply than they could raise a lot of it. I really have no idea just how much food and meat they produce on their own now. Obviously, they seem to be getting out of the Ag business!

S4

• jgnat
    jgnat
    seeker4: Obviously, they seem to be getting out of the Ag business!

Yes, obviously. I think they are taking to heart the private consultant's report a few years back, downsizing (lay off ageing Bethelites) and consolidating (getting rid of side-businesses that eat up administration).

OTWO, the printing facilities are in Wallkill, not Lansing. Different farms, different locations.

Gary, are you saying the new owners turned the old Gilead property across the street in to a Youth detention centre?

• moshe
    moshe

WT accountants found out that while 20 to 30 year old single workers at the farm and at Bethel were a cheap slave-labor asset, the advantage quickly turned south when the workers reached retirement age and the Society had to pay their upkeep in old age. Why, they can barely afford to keep the elderly GB members on life suport much longer it seems!

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "Gary, are you saying the new owners turned the old Gilead property across the street in to a Youth detention centre?"

Yes, I read that a while back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit