I had no idea there were people who felt like me

by Orgull 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have many hours of happy reading and postng.

• sparrow
    sparrow

I think I been here long enough now to be able to welcome you orgull. I had no idea either...

and nvrvgnbk...

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

well said...

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome to the forum

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Welcome Orgull!

You are NOT alone.

Welcome home!

Roller

• erandir
    erandir

Welcome, Orgull!

Yeap, for me, I finally had enough of the "imperfect" people and the leaps of logic and the disturbing things such as failed prophecies and the UN NGO thing. After a couple years of struggling with depression and blaming it on myself, it was like I finally woke up and decided that there wasn't anything wrong with me that couldn't be cured by not attending the meetings any longer. Also, the combination of being on this site and talking to a friend of mine who had decided to leave a couple years before gave me the courage to commit to the fading. And, whatdya know, by staying away from it all, I am better off.

I think I know exactly what you mean, and you worded it so well, that I think I understand myself and the process a bit better. Thanks!

I wish you luck and happiness!

Erandir

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I should point out... I haven't left the organization. I'm still learning and I've gotten into a routine that (because of my family) I don't want to alter just yet.

Irony of ironies, I've had perfect meeting attendance for the last 5 1/2 years. I used to be a pioneer. And I'm still going to the meeting tomorrow night because I'm not ready to give up my friends.

I have found that many attending meetings now, elders and pioneers do not believe the garbage. Some times I think this is a joke that there are so many that did EVERYTHING that I did (FS, meetings, BS) for more than 20 years and do NOT see the light. The new WT arrangement is further proff of us belonging to a cult.

The 1914 change was the last straw for me (in 1995). I new the truth was subjective from the FDS. I suggest u read books by ray franz for more understanding on the org.

Welcome to the Light!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit