Christmas&Thanksgiving-Are you celebrating?

by Vitameatavegamin 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Lilacs

let me know if you didn't get my email - I attached the pic you needed resizing.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    ((((Essie))))Thanks for sharing last years thoughts with us. Your timing is perfect for what I'm dealing with lately. Thank you!

Awww, Andi you're so sweet. You've got me blushing over here. If I knew how to post a blushing emoticon, I would *LOL*

Glad something I said helped a little. You were on my mind all evening last night and all day today, I hope the responses you're getting here are helping a lot.

*hugs*
    love
    es

• RN
    RN

Hey now... You wouldn't be talking to me now,wouldcha hillbilly?

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I am very excited about the holidays!!
    For the first time ever, this year we have celebrated our birthdays, Valentines Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and fourth of July.
    Looking forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I agree that the Holidays mean different things to different people.
    After what we’ve been through I’d say I’m a non- conformist, meaning that I will celebrate the way I want to.

The Holidays have NO religious meaning to me at all.
    It’s just fun.

My husband told me that I couldn’t have a tree for Christmas yet. We live on a main HWY and he wants me to wait.
    So I guess I’m wrong about the non-conformist idea.

I have ordered Christmas cards and labels. I bought evergreen garlands and all kinds of decorations any way.

If he (party pooper!!) sticks to the no tree idea I will decorate my Ficus tree in the living room.

What’s really neat is my youngest child is getting to attend all school parties this year!

Ranchette

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Have you ever wondered if the Society has deliberately misrepresented the scriptural references about the birth of Christ?

For example: Does the star of Bethlehem really belong to Satan as the Watchtower teaches? What facts doesn't the Society bring out? See this link for the answer -
    http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Christmas/Was_the_star_of_bethlehem_satans_star.htm

Also is there a biblical precedence for celebrating the gift of God's son? See this link for the answer -
    http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Christmas/Why_dont_jws_celebrate_christmas.htm

• treeny
    treeny

Hi Vita, YOU BETCHA !!!. I look so forward to it every year. Every yr. I add more to my collection of holiday decore. My house gets fully lit up. It's hard to explain, but it is so comforting spending time with family, and loved ones. I know, I know, the jw's think we neglect family other times of the yr. Not our family, we are big on family. The music makes you warm, and fuzzy, and you can sit, and watch your tree for hours. Thanksgiving is grand too. I start days ahead preparing wonderful food, and making the house took warm, and toasty. So I welcome it with bells on, and an apron for the gravy. Take care.
    terry

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

This is my first Christmas in 11 years and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to sing my lungs out! I wanna attend Christmas Midnight services at a (OMG...should I say it?) church, cook, bake, visit friends, shop, wrap gifts, send cards, sing, decorate, and wish everyone the biggest, loudest most loving "MERRY CHRISTMAS". ((((HUG)))) On a more serious note, I'll be praying for the Peace of God to be felt over the world during these very difficult times. I'll be praying for the families of the victims because it will be so hard for them.

Thanksgiving? I'll be thanking God for opening the door for me and showing me a way out of the WTS and to friends like you. ((((HUG))))

Trot

A movie where the world's run by apes? Must be a documentary!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Merry Christmas! HO-HO-HO!

• think41self
    think41self

Hello Vita!

You'd better believe I will be celebrating the holidays. It is a wonderful time to spend with the family. We are creating traditions of our own...that have nothing to do with religion. So jump in sweetie, the water's FINE.

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing."

• Andee
    Andee

I love the holidays. However, I usually go overboard.

Thanksgiving I eat tons! Just being with family and appreciating all the blessings of my life.

Christmas. It's not a religious holiday in our house. It's just pure fun. I get the tallest tree that will fit in my house and light my house up like the Vegas Strip.

Andi,

You wrote,

My JW parents always said, "We don't need to celebrate Christmas. As JW's, we are not restricted to one day a year. We can show our love to each other ALL YEAR LONG!"

I swear my Dad said the SAME EXACT THING every Chrismas when I was a kid!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit