How did your JC meeting affect your life?

by hopelesslystained 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dawn
    Dawn

I was DF'd twice (yep - wasn't smart enough to stay away the first time )

My first JC mtg was humilitating, embarassing, degrading - you name it. I was DF'd because I had sex with my boyfriend. And of course, the meeting had to go into every detail about how many times, for how long was this going on, yadda yadda - I was 20 years old and scared to death so I did everything I thought I was supposed to in order to show repentance but still got booted out. That JC meeting really hurt me because it was so humiliating - not only to have to answer the questions they were asking, but they made me feel like scum.

I eventually got reinstated because I thought I "had to" so I wouldn't die at armageddon. But I didn't want to be there anymore - I didn't see the elders as people who were looking out for my interests or protecting me. Instead, they were mean and could not be trusted.

4 years later I had my 2nd JC mtg - that one was much better. I'm not even sure why I went, except that I was still somewhat into the jw mindset and thought I had to go. But basically, I was there again for the same reason - only this time I didn't want to be a JW anymore. I wanted out. I felt like I had been living in a prison and I wanted to break free. So when the elders started asking questions I just blurted out and told them I didn't want to be a witness anymore. They were pretty shocked. In fact, there was one guy there that was actually a very kind brother and he almost cried trying to beg me not to leave. But I did - I got up and walked out. So I was DF'd a second time. That was the worst and best day of my life - for so many reasons that you all can understand.

Jump ahead 16+ years and I have gotten married to a great guy and have 2 wonderful children, went back to school and finished my BS degree, have a good job, and am really happy with life. So in the end, the JC meetings had a good impact because they set me free - but I wish I had been strong enough to just walk away on my own without putting myself through that humiliation and abuse.

• flipper
    flipper

Stained, so sorry to hear you went through that. Was I correct in hearing Ted Jaracz was alone in the room with you? Dear god in hell, I can't think of anything worse! You poor woman! I see he tried his black mail trick with you too. He alledgedly has tried that with others in the past too. These days he blackmails the entire jw organization into submission, alledgedly. I had a jc meeting in 1998 and was totally intimidated and shrank in fear. Then this year I was falsely accused had all my ducks in a row, and took a firm but respectful stand against the allegations. Then the appeal committee overturned the original jc committee's decision to df me. I no longer am intimidated by these men. They are like you and me. They bleed red when cut, have warts on certain parts of their bodies, and I'm sure they fart in front of their wives at times. Normal humans, nothing more, nothing less. Well maybe abnormal but nothing to fear. In essence their craziness made me more determined in my convictions to avoid the cult. So it backfired on them ,it empowered me. Peace to you, good luck, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit