? for those still attending meetings

by littlerockguy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Before I quit going to the meetings just before they announced that someone was to be reinstated they would ask that the congregation not clap due to the seriousness of the situation. I thought it was so pathetic. Do they still announce that now when some one is reinstated?

LRG

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Depends - sometimes. At our last reinstatement the PO saisd no, no, - when somebody started clapping

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think so, though it's been a while. I felt like clapping when some of them were disfellowshipped though.

• Open mind
    Open mind

No need to announce it "no clapping".

The sheeple 'round these parts are well trained not to.

If I'm ever ready to go out with a "Bang" though, I'm gonna start clapping when they announce a DF, stand up and clap my way all the way out of the K Hall.

(At least that's how it plays out in my dreams)

Open Mind

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Slaughtering a fattened lamb or calf and having a party to welcome the returned prodigal would certainly be unscriptural too.

Whats the fear and motivation by this ruling? Afraid members of the other sheep might get DFed on purpose just for the aftershow party????

• Gopher
    Gopher

There was some direction from Brooklyn headquarters about 15 years back or so. In a circuit assembly part there was counsel that it was "inappropriate" to applaud a reinstatement because you might hurt the feelings of the one(s) injured by the DF'd ones wrongdoing. (We don't want to stumble anyone, remember?)

Also this fine loving (ahem) admonition may have also repeated in a Kingdom Ministry.

Ever since then, you probably wouldn't even want to go up and hug the person to welcome them back. You might offend someone. (Geez)

• changeling
    changeling

Clapping for re-instatement is a no no, but a cong that announces it each time is more nit-picky than most.

• changeling
    changeling

Clapping for re-instatement is a no no, but a cong that announces it each time is more nit-picky than most.

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

Is it common for DF'd people to come back? I remember back when I was studying (I never got baptized) there was one person who I knew who got DF'd and she went to some meetings but then wound up leaving again...Im sure it was due to the stupid shunning that went on. She was a customer where I worked so I still talked to her even though she would tell me I shouldn't. It always made me sick because my best friend at the time was leading a double life herself and SHE too shunned this other person. (her dad is an elder and she has never to this day been DF'd although she is more "worldly" than most worldly people) I always thought that shunning would have the opposite effect of what the JWs wanted, I know there is no way I'd go sit in the back and have the people that once "loved" me look right thru me until some stupid BOE decided they could love me again! I've known of 2 others that were DF'd and neither of them have gone back either. I kind of wonder if most who are DF'd wind up staying out.

• exwitless
    exwitless

If I'm ever ready to go out with a "Bang" though, I'm gonna start clapping when they announce a DF, stand up and clap my way all the way out of the K Hall.

Open mind - I don't know why, but your idea still makes me chuckle! I would just love to be there if you ever did that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit