They are still lying, even though they revised the FAQ.

by DATA-DOG 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Feel That They Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

Really?!? Notice this gem from the 12/15/2014 WT, page 30, paragraph 15. This GB approved statement reads:" Only about 1in every 1,000 people alive today has accurate knowledge of the truth, and you are one of them." (End quote) Here we have the assertion that only JWs know what the bible really says. Keep that in mind.

Let's back up a bit to page 29, paragraph 12. Notice that it says," How do I feel ( young ones being targeted ) about being among the relatively few on Earth today who are known by God? Do I appreciate..." Okay, so only a relatively few humans on earth are known by "God." So at this point we have:

1) Only JWs have accurate knowledge. ( This leads to life in JWism)

2) Only JWs are known by God. ( Question: When Jesus said," ..I never knew you!" What were the consequences?)

Now on to the final gem of wisdom from the collective Slave at HQ. Check out this very telling sentence from page 31, paragraph 16. Speaking of the all important issue of "doing the right thing" with a young life, it states," That is so much wiser than merely following the majority of youths who, as if in a stupor, march along with this world toward destruction." 😳

Don't be fooled. The FAQ section is a deceptive PR page that decieves the unwary. Do JWs really believe that only they will be saved? Yes, but they won't swear by it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with you, DD, they're being very deceptive in the FAQ section. It has a 'glossy' PR feel to it, as does the rest of their website.

But I don't think they're out-and-out lying. I guess they're practicing theocratic warfare.

The key question to put a WTS representative on the spot would be: 'do JWs believe that they will be the only ones to be saved at Armageddon?'

• wozza
    wozza
    Good post DD it's always been that way in JW land ,when faced with this question when I was witnessing I found it hard to give the official answer to the question that I was trained to say , I always felt like I was speaking "with a forked tongue " so to speak ......eventually my conscience won out and I left.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff
    If a person was in front of a JC for a judicial matter, he would not get away with tiptoing around the truth the way that web page does.
  • steve2
    steve2

It is a reflection of worldly values to side-step "awkward" conversations when you are intent on coming across as nice and respectable.

PR rules, okay!?

Most readers are too easily reassured by simple-minded answers. It takes an astute reader to notice what is side-stepped and left out of answers - and even then, Witnesses will perceive the questioner to be ill-motivated.

Those who live in a mental fog know little else, so they do not long for a fog-free environment.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree. That is lying, deceptive PR.

Revelation Climax book pg 129:

32 There is no evidence that any apart from these two groups [anointed & great crowd] will “stand” in the day of Jehovah’s wrath. What does this mean for the millions who each year show a certain respect for Jesus’ sacrifice by attending the celebration of the Memorial of his death but who have not yet exercised faith in Jesus’ sacrifice to the point of becoming dedicated, baptized servants of Jehovah, active in his service? Further, what about those who were once active but who have allowed their hearts to “become weighed down with . . . anxieties of life”? May all of such awaken, and stay awake, in order to “succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man” - Jesus Christ. The time is short! -Luke 21: 34-36. Bracketed material added by me. Previous paragraph shows that "two groups" is referring to the anointed and the great crowd - all JWs.

Pistoff: If a person was in front of a JC for a judicial matter, he would not get away with tiptoing around the truth the way that web page does.

Very good point. I can imagine the comments. "Now, brother, are you being honest? Are you side-stepping the issue? You need to come clean on this to show your repentance."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved.

That`s the same "WBT$ LIE" JWs have Told at My Door.

Image result for lie to your face

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

their most telling line is this one.."Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation".

So this statement is indicating that people are not currently serving god and are not going to gain salvation. So then how does one serve god, yes by serving only us, and joining us, we Jehovah's Witnesses.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s [Christ's] Witnesses

No Christian was ever a witness for God!

• menrov
    menrov

DD, this line of reasoning is the typical DOUBLE-TONGUE speak the WBTS uses. On the one hand, saying they do not know who will be saved and on the other hand in their magazine ans public talks they say the anointed will all be saved and the rank and file will be save(d) as long as they are member of the organisation. In reality, if you really read all this stuff carefully, they are only 100% sure that all GB anointed ones will be saved (they never mention judgment). But for the R&F, the message is more: do whatever you can, and may be you survive armageddon. Stay in the organisation and most likely you will be save(d).

It is double tongue. Same with question on shunning. Do JW's shun? on the site, OF COURSE NOT, FAMILY TIES ALWAYS REMAIN. In magazine, the mother who did not even send an email in 10 years to her DF's son is hailed for that behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit