How do you feel about people who wear their religion on their sleeve?

by loosie 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

Now remember I live in the bible belt.

Ok I know I have issues but this annoys me. We don't have cubicles that separate you from seeing eveyone else. Just really long desks with 12 inch dividers. So you can see everyone's desk clearly. I was walkign thru the office and I saw one of the new employees with a cross sitting atop of his computer monitor. This extends about 6 inches above the top of his computer. And he has a cross glued to his company issued name plate.

It was like he was making a point of saying look at me I a christian I'm better than all you other tattooed, nose piercing, geeks.

Now there are no rules about what you can have on your desk (except no swear words or nudity) Now I am not a Satan worshipper. I know the difference between pagan, wiccan and satan worship. But in the bible belt the most offensive thing to the general population is Satan worship. What if I were to hang a pentagram with a goats head in the middle of it on my computer monitor. Would I be asked to take it down because it isn't popular? Or would they have to let it remain there because what's fair for one is fair for all?

• flipper
    flipper

Loosie- Mr. Flipper here. If you'd hang a pentagram, living in the Bible belt they'd probably crucify you! It would be fun to get a reaction though! Remember how freaked out everybody got about John Lennon saying the Beatles were as popular as Jesus? Crazy midwest religious people burned their albums! They must have a hair trigger temper about religion! But I'm from California, what do I know? Have fun with it, just watch your back! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wow this is the first time I've heard of Colorado referred to as the Bible Belt.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

loosie, if you decide to do it, i'll come be your personal bodyguard. lol that would be so much fun.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I would make a large cardboard icon of a pentagram:

And then put it in the exact same position as where that dudes cross is.

Then I'd paste a smaller one where-ever his smaller cross is.

If anyone asks, just say, oh, ''well I figured I would prominently display my religious symbol of veneration at my work station''.

People have the right to wear or worship any religious symbol if they choose to, but to blatantly display any religious symbol at a public work station is just plain ignorant and distasteful, IMO

• loosie
    loosie

Junction Guy - I don't live in Colorado. Sorry for the deception. There are about 3 people in the world that if they come to this board they would figure out who I was if I listed my real state. But I do live in a bible belt state.

Mr Flipper - I'm from CA too. So I'm not used to so many right wing opinions being thrown around like the gospel truth.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Have you offered the latest magazines to your co-worker, Loosie?

A little dose of cultmania may cure his obsession.

• loosie
    loosie

LOL @ Honesty

That would be funny. I just don't get the latest mags anymore. DARN Woo HOO

• JK666
    JK666

If it is in a business setting: RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!

JK

• changeling
    changeling

They make me want to run.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit