What did Witnesses think of the movie "Gremlins"?

by truthsearcher 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Just been watching the movie Gremlins, and wondering what the Witnesses thought of it, given the demonic like beings that those cute little Gizmos turned into?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I watched it when it came out and loved it....never gave a second thought of whether they were "demonic"....they were just creatures. But I bet wacky Brother Tuh-Macky would have thought otherwise.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I distinctly remember when that movie came out. It was a "secret sin" to watch it. It seemed like everyone was saying it was wrong to watch, yet everyone seemed to have a copy of the VCR tape.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think anything that requires the least bit of imagination is viewed as demonic by them. I never thought of demons when I watched it either.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Uh huh, just as I thought! By the way, I don't actually think it is that great for a children's movie. My kids would have nightmares with some of the scenes, but as adults, my spouse and I laughed and were grossed out together (especially at the blender and microwave scene--who thinks of these things?). The kids were nowhere to be found...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This thread reminds me of how we where forbidden to watch Howard the Duck because of the naughty duck titties that were shown.

Maybe there was a problem with bestiality because too many of the local brothers were getting woodies when they saw the duck boobies.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    This thread reminds me of how we where forbidden to watch Howard the Duck because of the naughty duck titties that were shown.

We should be forbidden to watch that movie because it's so horrible.

• memario
    memario

ooohh man! That movie gave me nightmares

• R.F.
    R.F.

I used to watch it all the time. I don't think I ever recall any Witnesses looking down on it though.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Maybe there was a problem with bestiality because too many of the local brothers were getting woodies when they saw the duck boobies.

What's a woodie?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit