another 607 thread

by BlackSwan of Memphis 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Alan, the info I have is excellent, for the life of me though I can't trace the source. It is an exjw that wrote it. It is very positive regarding Ptolemy and Berossus as being incredibly accurate resources for the regnal lengths of these kings.

What I am looking for to go with it, is either a great book OR online source that is nonjw/exjw that goes into some detail about chronology. Something to use as a good reference.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

(while I've been corresponding, I've been continually looking for this source....)

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-2-discussion-of-historical.html

Found it.

(great work!)

• AlanF
    AlanF

BlackSwan wrote:

: What I am looking for to go with it, is either a great book OR online source that is nonjw/exjw that goes into some detail about chronology. Something to use as a good reference.

Ok. The most comprehensive I know of is the latest edition of The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonsson (in print and available from a variety of sources). Another is the various editions of Edwin Thiele's The Mysterious Numbers of the Hebrew Kings (1983, 1965 and ~1951). Both contain references to the scholarly literature.

The online source you found is something I cobbled together from a variety of sources, including Jonsson and Thiele, beginning around 1992, so I suggest that you get hold of those books..

AlanF

• JCanon
    JCanon

Thanks, Alan.

Yes George used to post here and is a research partner of mine. What is great about his website is that I believe it is the only source on the net that posts a large collection of ASSYRIAN ASTRONOMICAL TEXTS. Obviously, we don't agree on everything chronologically, but it's a great resource site for sure!

JCanon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit