WHAT WAS YOUR WORST DOOR-TO-DOOR PRESENTION?

by badboy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

I was working the field with this older sister and we would take turns knocking on each house door down the line..everytime she knocked someone would answer..everytime i knocked no one answered..which was great till i knocked on the final door. This young black girl about 19 or 20 opens..."AW DAMN" i was like not ready for that..she looks at me and i hand her a watchtower and told her do you think conditions in the world are getting bad? She nods yes..still staring at me..i replied this article will let you know everything i said about world conditions getting bad..lol..i never talked about "world conditions" ever i simply ask her that one question. The older sista comes in and say would you like for US to return..the young girl says while staring at ME yes YOU can come back anytime...lol. The sista never ask me anything about how she was acting.

• Purza
    Purza

All of my presentations sucked. I hated going door to door -- especially the last 5 years I was in the org.

I once presented a magazine on science and I said something really stupid like "and you know how crazy scientists are". And the guy said "I'm a scientist". And that was the end of it. I apologized and walked away extremely embarassed.

Purza

• parakeet
    parakeet

Whenever anyone accepted the mags, I considered it my worst presentation, since I was then expected to write down the address and come back to harrass them yet again.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Parakeet: I'd always 'lose' my return visit book. I didn't even have to write it down, cuz I know noone would ever see it.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Just before being baptized we were asked to go with an elder, it was my turn, and I remember the house holder, was educated and had degrees, could see a diploma on the wall. I started from Gen 3:15 and went to the the Nephlim the tower of Babel the Flood, Job, Jonah and just about every other prophet I could think of, why the need for a ransom to Jesus teachings of the resurection and kingdom hope right through to Revelations, BTG wild beast 144,000 the whole lot and ended with Rev 21: 3,4 without a breath, the housholder was stunned and said thankyou I'm not interested, and the elder sighed a relief that I had stopped and said she is very zealous. its true, how embarrasment.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Anony-Mouse wrote: "Parakeet: I'd always 'lose' my return visit book. I didn't even have to write it down, cuz I know noone would ever see it."

AM, that's what I should have done, too. But I was such a good little dub that it didn't even occur to me to "lose" the return visits.

• badboy
    badboy

EMPTYWORDS, YOU SOUNDED ENTHUSIATIC AT THE DOOR GOING ROM GENESIS ALL THE WAY TO REVELATION!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit