There are two classes of annointed - why?

by cultswatter 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Before the May 1st QFR there was 4 classes of annointed.and these were: 1. The annointed from 1935 (governing body members) 2. The annointed from 1935 (non governing body members) 3. The replacements since 1935 (governing body members) 4 The replacements since 1935 (non governing body members) Then the May 1st QFR did away with 1935( and naturally the 144,000 limit) and the replacements so only two classes now exist: 1. The annointed (governing body members ) 2. The annointed (non governing body members) There is still something wrong with this. The annointed of the governing body are higher up on the power flow chart than the annointed JW church goers are. According to the bible this is wrong.The bible does not mention two heavenly callings of two separate classes. The GB says that the annointed JW church goers are below elders and equal with the other sheep on the power structure ladder but the annointed of the GB are the highest on the ladder. The heavenly calling that the bible mentions is only made up of one class not two, but the WTS has invented two classes of annointed remnant. These two classes cannot be found anywhere in the bible!! Another thing - has anyone noticed the word "144,000" in any WT magazine since the May 1st QFR?. Sooner or later the WTS will have to do a study article on that. They can no longer use the word "144,000" in a literal context(as a literal number). That study article will surely be a loaded language masterpiece!!

• gumby
    gumby

The only two classes the witnesses have are the annointed and the Great Crowd. The GB are OF the annointed but not a seperate class of the annointed. They have a different task than the rest of the annointed do. They use the scripture that tells of appointing 7 men to carry on with prayer and teaching during Pentecost while the others took care of other assignments such as feeding and taking care of the needy and other things.

Gumby

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If I was a WT apologist - and I'm not, though I play one when I'm drunk led by the Holy Spirit, I'd say that today's GB are the equivalent of the apostles. Except that the WTB&TS has long condemned the idea of apostolic succession. Oops!

I would make the following editorial change to your original post:

1. The annointed from prior to 1935 (governing body members) 2. The annointed from prior to 1935 (non governing body members) "As steel sharpens steel, NN can be a pain in the ass editor."

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Gumby I disagree. There ARE two classes of annointed

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Thanks for the edit. A bit more readable now!

• Zico
    Zico

I think there are 2 classes of Jehovah's witness.

Governing Body.
    Everyone else.

The other anointed are just a nuisance to the GB, they add to the memorial partaker numbers, that they must want to drop.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't quite understand why doing away with 1935 necessarily does away with the 144,000 limit. Wouldn't they simply claim (irrespective of historical facts) that the number hasn't reached 144,000 yet and the earlier supposition that it did was a mistake?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I already know about the annointed and other sheep dual class. Lets not confuse the issue. I am merely pointing out that there is a claas distinction between the GB annointed and the JW church goer annointed

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Leolaia

I don't think so. Way back in 1935 the WTS (Rutherford) concluded that the 144,000 was almost complete. (Franz thought so too) Now the WTS surely must realize that conclusion was flawed. The evidence points out that the 144,000 MUST be symbolic. Why did it take 2000 years for a measly 144,000 to be collected when it only took 100 years fo 6.5 million JW to be collected

It is evident that the Society wants to distance itself as much as possible from Rutherford. The step from a literal to a symbolic 144,000 would be of no consequence to the average JW member. They will accept it.

• watson
    watson

I can see it now...12 means "complete." 12 - 12's = 144. 144,000 means really really complete. Symbolic of the complete number Jah wants. No one really knows how many, only Jehovah knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit