Elders/Former Elders, i'm still receiving teaching assigments. What gives?

by R.F. 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    I wish you well on this continued journey. I share the same road with you, Ive been down it 2 or 3 times..this time I am going to keep walking. If you want to talk about this, PM me your phone number and we can talk. My training and experience in the Borg may be helpful. Us single brothers have to stick together. (maybe find a couple of apostababes!)

Snakes: as R.F.'s self appointed cyper parent, I am going to have to ask you NOT to tempt him with apostababes.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Here's a thought I forgot about....

The youngest elder had talked with me recently and he seems to be the most genuine of them all. He knows I hadn't been turning in time and of course knows about the meetings. With the BOE being so up there in years, I think he knows he will have to pick up so much slack in the coming years. He tries to reach out to young bros like me and wants me to turn things around as he said.."we need you as an MS. I know it, everyone knows it, especially for the upcoming years since so many are very old now." Im sure everyone can figure out his position but he's involved with assigning me alot of talks. Could he be alot of the reason why i'm still on the roster? Could it be he knows that he has is work cut out for him in the coming years, possibly even months?

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Could it be that they really don't want to lose you out of the org., not because of the work they will have to do, but because of caring for your spiritual well-being? Or could they be in denial: despite the obvious signs, they would rather pretend that everything is still okay and that you are not on your way out?

• R.F.
    R.F.

Could be. As another poster stated that they might be trying to keep me on as a way to help my spirituality. Denial could be also be a factor. They have stated that they are quite surprised that i've made a complete 180 degree turn so fast. Then too, maybe they think i'll just snap out of my "spiritual lethargy" by activity that will "snap me back into my former self".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit