The Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the...organization.

by candidlynuts 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quandary
    Quandary

Candidly-

The word theocracy is NOT in the Bible either, although the idea of a theocracy can be seen in the Old Testament, but NOT in the New Testament. Both the words theocracy and organization have a "secular" connotation. Jesus' teachings were anything but "secular" in nature. To the contrary, his teachings went against the establishment's rigid "organizational" confinement. His "law" was love and freedom, not an enslavement to a litany of endless rules and regulations. The GB and their "organization" mimic so perfectly the Pharisees of Jesus' day! Hypocrites!!

Q

PS Thank you for finding this "gem"- Just another nail for their coffin.

• poppers
    poppers

"Roman Catholic leaders told its followers what to believe about the Bible and it was almost a sin to interpret the Bible for themselves. (from what I can recall from presentations at the doors back then) How the common man wasn't even allowed to own a Bible."

Wow, that's interesting. I grew up Catholic and that wasn't the attitude I encountered. True, the bible wasn't emphasised much but there never was an attempt, as far as I can recall, to prevent people from reading and owning one. My family had one, as did many Catholic families that I knew.

An interesting incident, to me anyway, occurred to me in the last few years that I still attended the RC church. There was a retired priest who would occassionally say mass in local churches. I always looked forward to those times because prior to reading the gospel he would give the historical background of the time in order to bring greater clarity to the gospel itself. I had never ever heard any priest do that before. After mass once I commented to him how much I enjoyed that and he said, "Well, the church says I'm not supposed to do that, but I don't care. The church wants us priests to simply read the gospel and then let the Holy Spirit lead the listener in understanding it. We don't want to dictate meaning; we want each person to read the bible on their own." That seems to fly in the face of what the JWs have said about the RC church, which doesnt' surprise me I guess. Sometimes when I read what others have said about the RC church I simply cannot relate to it from my own experience and I wonder just where they get their ideas and why they have such hatred.

• choosing life
    choosing life

From what I remember learning, it was a long time ago that the Catholics restricted the Bible from the common man, certainly not in any of our lifetimes. The jws did say that Catholics were famous for not reading the bible. And I did have several people who were Catholics tell me in service the same thing. They actually said, "I am Catholic and we are known for not reading the Bible on our own.

I attended Cathlic mass as a child and never heard a good sermon. It was more about rituals and reading back the words printed in the book they provided. I guess you had a liberal and thoughtful priest Poppers.

• Arthur
    Arthur

The WTS is correct in stating that the Bible (NT) was written for the Christian congregation. But the way in which they very craftily insert the word "organization" into the dicussion takes the discussion into a doctrinal "Twilight Zone". The concept of organizational salvation, or organizational mediatorship appears nowhere in the Bible.

There is nothing in Scripture to suggest that the Bible can only be interpreted by a centralized ecclesiastical body within a particular denomination. Even if the "Faithful Slave" parable were prophetic, the way the WTS states, the concept of relinquishing all matters of faith and doctrine to a centralized body of leaders - giving them supreme legislative and judicial powers to enforce their own personal consciences upon others - is total nonsense.

The Watchtower has reverted to the days of the Old Covenant priesthood whereby they have robed themselves with the kind of reverential authority and one-on-one Godliness that Moses enjoyed. They are in serious need of a reality check.

• emptywords
    emptywords

The premise of the Catholic Church is Majesterium. The Tradition of the Church is that Jesus bestowed the power of correct practice of faith and morals on Peter who passed it on Pope by Pope by Pope. Parishoners only got themselves into deep doo doo when they read the bible for themselves. These people often became apostates (called heretics).

The premise of Protestantism under Martin Luther was that there is no organization between god and man; only Jesus and his Holy Spirit. The layperson is perfectly able to divine God's will directly by prayer and grace and bible reading.

The Watchtowr Society as always denied being Protestant. This for good reason! The entire organization closely mirrors the Catholic organization in everything. The Governing Body is an ensemble "Pope".

The employ Inquisitions and declare heretics and excommunicate as well.

The Watchtower is part of the "whore" of Babylon by their own description!

I must say I do agree with this, and have noticed that those that come out of BTG are Catholic, they do boast about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit