Inappropriate Ads

by sparrow 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrow
    sparrow

Has anyone felt these google ads can be so wrong??? Some poor guy is crying out for help tonight and across the top of the screen on the post is "bye letter", "goodbye","Free Goodbye Cards"...

WTF???

• Scully
    Scully

You just have to realize that it isn't "personal" - the Google ad program is set up to "read" a post and create ads that reflect thread content.

• sparrow
    sparrow

I understand that (I am a programmer myself) but this is obviously where computer logic "aint helpin the cause"

You can't allow for every variable when writing programs but this sort of thing must have come up before - on some forum somewhere in the world. There should be some sensitivity when certain phrases are mentioned in a thread...

• blondie
    blondie

The Life--Happiness and picture of a blonde woman with boobs hanging out is not Blondie but is frequently the ad at the end of a variety of posts. Hey, we can't all be saying that happiness in life is having or being a blonde woman with big boobs.

Blondie

• Tara
    Tara

The Life--Happiness and picture of a blonde woman with boobs hanging out is not Blondie but is frequently the ad at the end of a variety of posts. Hey, we can't all be saying that happiness in life is having or being a blonde woman with big boobs.

LOL. LOL. LOL.

• jgnat
    jgnat

What tickles me about the ads is that google can't get a handle on us. Religious ads don't impress us. I suspect the "get rich quick" ads won't either. What are we all about? We are unique, and we can't be segmented in to an easily describable group of people.

It tickles my funnybone to see google try and figure us out.

AND whoever's clicking on the giant cross ad, PLEASE STOP.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I just discovered that if you click where it reads 'ads by Google', there is a feedback link where you can tell them what you think of the ads!!

AND whoever's clicking on the giant cross ad, PLEASE STOP.

lol jgnat - that'll be me!! No, not really, although I did suggest that any money they raised would be better spent paying for their advertising here if we'd all clicked it loads of times - than on the monstrosity they're planning to spend it on!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the boobs ad was funny at first, now tedious. Same with the giant cross ad. I admit I clicked on it once to see what it was about. What a joke! Mostly I just ignore the ads, I understand they help pay for the site. As jgnat says, it's funny to see how wrong the ads are for the site.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I just almost laughed out loud in the office. I get to the bottom of the thread and there's the blonde boob happiness ad. I agree, this place must counfound the programming behind the google ads. And its unfortunate what shows up on certain threads.

• eclipse
    eclipse

All I see is the STUPID NAZARETH CROSS AD

I wish they would disapear and vanish from my sight,

seeing it just makes my blood boil at all the money they are wasting building that damn eye-sore rather than putting their money to something USEFUL like feeding hungry children. stupid cross-worshipping idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit