Hi, recently widowed need conversation

by lapweaver 23 Replies latest social relationships

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

You may enjoy Gabbly on JWD. You can chat (via keyboard) live with other JWD-ers.

The thread gets bumped to the top periodically when someone's there all alone and wants company. If I can find one of the threads, I'll link it for you.

-Denise. (9-year cancer survivor)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Here's a link to a thread started by Juni. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136690/1.ashx

The opening post has the link to Gably. As you can see, many people post to the thead (to bump it to the top) and click the link to chat with whoever may join.

Might be a fun way to pass some time.

You might also want to play various games. I often like to play backgammon at www.fibs.com. Other times I play dominos or other board and card games at yahoo.com. Each of those sites also has a chat window.

Feel Better.

-Denise.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Welcome Lapweaver, I was widowed in November, 2005 Lost my husband of 42 years to PKD (kidney disease). My son lives with me and my oldest daughter lives in Atlanta, GA - and is a medical school student at Emory University. I've not had cancer, but am a stroke survivor. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] I'm 65 yeaars old btw.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear about your loss.

My dad was in the military. He was a marine. We moved around, but only in the states. He was overseas without us.

That must have been some switch going from the service to Jehovah's Witnesses. Yes, when you feel ready, tell us why you made an exit and how you found us here.

By the way, I am 55. I'm not a terribly interesting person, I fear, but we are all here to contribute our little bit and make you feel at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit