A "Captive" No Longer

by saywhat29 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Hmm, I don't have the book in my face, but from memory alone it seemed to be made for those who knows the ways of the WTBS and the language and ways. Surely a Catholic an protestant can read it and get the same conclusions as anyone, JW or not, as he does a good of breaking it down, but there may be places where they will have to check the internets for more information regarding the books and Watchtowers,especially.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Who is the author?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Who is the author?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Oh never mind. Read the first line of the first post... Don Cameron

• FairMind
    FairMind
    I Haven't read "Captives of a Concept" YET. I wanted to ask you though...Do you think this book will be an eye opener for a Catholic or Protestant?

Not regarding their own religion since what the book does is thoroughly dismantle the FDS doctrine as taught by the WTBTS. Believe me the book exposes the absolute fantasy of the FDS doctrine!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Good for you saywhat29!

Isn't guilt-free freedom of thought a wonderful thing?!

GGG

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is always very obvious that this religion does not meet the standards to be God's only organisation due to the numerous flaws that it has. That claim is just a myth to entice in unsuspecting victims and then seize and exploit them with clever mind trickery.

Power is too centralised, ther eis no charitable spirit, no fraternal spirit and too much emphasis on the judaic aspect of things, too much jehovah and too little Christ. That's jehovah obsession is certainly not of a Christian religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit