Spoilers for _Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows_

by Skimmer 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Spoilers for _Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows_: Do not click on the following link unless you really, really want to see the spoilers about who dies and who lives.

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=251717&cid=19896869

I've verified the above information; it's not based on fan fiction.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'll wait and compare after saturday.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

And don't even think of looking at: http://harrypotter7spoilers.blogspot.com/

• Mary
    Mary

Well if these two sites are true, then I was right in another thread when I said I didn't think Dumbledore was really dead, but it was all a set up that he and Snape concocted in order for Voldemort to think Dumbledore was really dead and to give Snape access to what Vodemort's plans really are.

• poppers
    poppers

I haven't looked at the sites mentioned, and I won't. However, I have felt all along that Dumbledore's death was a ruse.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I looked at the sites because I really don't care about Harry Potter. Man, there's like a grand massacre in this book. The JWs will be shaking their heads at the worldlings for buying this one!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

sweet! Thanks for the links.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

There is a religious angle in the book, and in a couple of the previous books; the topic of surviving death. In the Hogwarts mythos there were hints of this with the talking portraits of deceased headmasters, and then even more references in the Ministry of Magic's Department of Mysteries. Without giving away any details, I'll say that this topic is further explored in HP7. (Big Hint: consider the character Gandalf in _Lord of the Rings_ and how he gives his life for his friends and is then granted a resurrection of sorts to help further in even a greater way.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I'm waiting for Saturday, but if Dumbledore's death was a ruse and Snape really not a bad guy it would make me happy. I hated that ending. I have been pissed at the author in advance, thinking she'll kill off the wrong characters. I guess I take it too seriously!!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit