My past weekend

by Leander 20 Replies latest jw friends

• tell all
    tell all

Leander, God knows your situation, and what's in your heart. False prophets are always masking themselves as angels of light. Read Jeremiah 28: 9 ( THE WORD OF A REAL PROPHET OF GOD COMES TRUE); Jeremiah 29:11-14 (GOD HEARS YOUR PRAYERS AND CAUSES YOU TO GO INTO EXILE); Jeremiah 29:8-9 ( ABOUT FALSE PROPHESYING,GOD DIDN"T SEND); Jeremiah 29:16-18 ( CALLING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO GO INTO EXILE FROM THE WTS BORG. TO GET OUT OF HER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE HER PUNSHIMENT); Jeremiah 23: 15-36 ( APOSTASTY DISGUISING AS " THE TRUTH GETS BRIGHTER AND BRIGHTER , ONLY FOR PEOPLE IN THE DARKNESS); Jeremiah 14:14-15 ( GOD DID NOT SEND THEM,""WTS"") Jeremiah 8: 8 to 9: 9 (FALSE STYLUS OR WRITINGS OF THE SECRETARIES, GUARD YOURSELVES AGAINST THE AMBUSH, THEY ARE TREACHEROUS DEALERS); Isaiah 5: 18-23 ( TALKING ABOUT THE SO-CALLED FAITHFUL AND DISCREET TRYING TO MAKE YOU BELEIVE THAT YOU ARE UNRIGHTEOUS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS); Zechariah 10: 3 ( GOD AGAINST GOATLIKE LEADERS); MICAH 7: 5-7 ( DO NOT PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE HANDS OF ANYONE EXCEPT THE MOST HIGH) " AFTER MEDITATING UPON THESE SCRIPTURES, PRAY , AND THE{ RIGHT ANSWER} WILL COME TO YOU.

• Dan B
    Dan B

Leander,

Beware of those who make you doubt yourself. It is not you who has the problem. God gave you the intelligence to decide for yourself what is right. Don't let anyone make you doubt what you know you need to do.

Dan

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

well Leander I really am sorry you are feeling so badly. I am also sorry that aside from you, apparently several elders, your wife, your wife's friend are also feeling badly now.

I counted 16 original posts by you between October 6 and October 16, and between them all they total a wopping 299 replies. (admittedly some of them are by you)

Nobody here claims to be the true religion. We don't claim to have the truth, the only truth and nothing but the truth. You are getting rplies from an incredibly large array of people with almost every belief system known under the sun. You have replies from Jehovah's Witnesses, ex-Jehovah's Witness and never-been Jehvoh's Witnesses. You were given some good advice, some you took and some you didn't.

If you can't find what you need here then you can't find it here. But that doesn't mean it isn't here.

And by the way I AM a Jehovah's Witness with 27 years in and around this organization. I still attend meetings. And I have never gotten anything but full support for my decision to stay 'in' from this board...do a search on my posts and you will see that for yourself.

And that's enough said on the subject by me.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• julien
    julien

dungbeetle?!? you are still in?!? what the hell!?? you must be out of your .. er .. um .. I mean, um, it sure is a nice day isn't it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Leander

Tough situation. Take your time. You could tell them you are just thinking. You could tell them you are confused and haven't made any conclusions. You don't have to tell everything. NOT telling is not being dishonest. It was mentioned somewhere that their opinion was that you were harming your wife. They may think you are a 'spiritual danger' to your wife. I understand that as of about a year ago, the new light has shown them that 'spiritual endangerment' is grounds (sorry i'm being blunt) for divorce. Take your time. Reveal only a little at a time to your wife. Take months, if you can. Don't explain your doubts to so many others. I hope you don't have kids.

It took me a year of voicing doubts to get dfd. I was very well connected before that. I would say FADING out is better in the long run. You won't loose so much. A fade is tough too, because they will keep inquiring: do you think it's gods org, if you had problem, would you go to the elders, etc. Answering with another question has worked for some.

All the best S

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

Leander,

Thanks for sharing that. A question for you...

What sort of eyes need to convince themselves they are standing by looking down on others?

You asked "So the question Im still facing is what information can I refer to make a well informed decision?"

I would suggest your own experience from here on out.

I found it difficult to understand how JW's could preach, study with/convert, and encourage people as described in 1Co 6:9-11 and yet to their very own "brother" who they shared similar joys and trials with, their response was more along that found at James 2:14-17

Bide your time and say as little as possible. Be aware as to your feelings and ask where they come from. Asking questions that the BOE, or Org. cant answer does not make you an apostate.

If your relationship with God, religion, or a spiritual nature is only valid so long as someone else agrees to it, what good is it?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Hi Leander,

You have received some excellent advice. I am in the same boat as you, except I've got about 3 years head start. It has been a very difficult journey. I've heard it likened to finding out that your spouse, whom you believed with all your heart would stay true, has cheated on you. From that point on, you don't know what to believe.

After all, if they (the WTS) misled you about one thing, all of a sudden you doubt everything that was taught to you. But, not everything that was taught to you was wrong. Learn to hang onto the good and let go of the bad. It takes time.

Someone earlier mentioned to read Crisis of Conscience if you haven't. I also highly recommend his second book, In Search of Christian Freedom. You will have to keep these hidden from your wife, but they will help you tremendously.

For me, I am to the point where I still attend the Sunday meeting, and nod my head when I am in a group of JW's. I cannot afford to let my true feelings be made known at this point, but I am coping. I am finally starting to come to grips with my own spirituality. This board is my outlet.

Many on this board are now athiests. That is understandable. Some have found churches that they attend. Others, like me, feel that no organized religion is the answer, but I do feel that I have a close, personal relationship with my Creator. My feelings may change in time, but for right now, I am content with where I am at.

I wish you the best. Please keep us posted.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• Preston
    Preston

Hi Leander, first of all, I appreciate your posts. I find them to be completely candid and honest, and that's why I think they reveal a lot of special things about your character. You're a person who appreciates critical thinking, the art of research and getting an understanding of things. This will be important as you try to come to an unbiased decision. I recommend you read some works by some secular authors about the Bible, particularly Peter Gomes recent work "The Good Book". You're a sincere person wanting to look at things in context. I was once a Ministerial Servant and in college, and the more I was introduced to the whole wide world out there of beliefs I came to the conclusion that my belief in the Bible was one-sided. I read alot of secular books and came to the conclusion that I needed to expand my spiritual horizons outside of the congregation, to think outside of the box, so to speak. It also means to raise questions, challenging yourself, and becoming the person you want to be (hopefully a happier one). And don't think you'll make a lot of people happy in the process. Even the writers of our constitution got in a lot of heated arguments over what would secure the freedoms for the greatest number of people, and here our nation is, 200+ years later, longer than most governments in world history. So, think about these things this week. It's not easy, I know, I've been there, and it was tough. But hopefully, you'll make your own decision.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Leander,

I don't have anything else to add - you have received some excellent and well-balanced advice.

I just wanted you to know that I read the thread and appreciated your honesty about your situation.

Remember that Jesus said to "keep searching"....

I wish you well on your spiritual journey.

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Thank you for sharing your story. I am going through some similar pressures. I wish you the best.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit