breaking story!

by the sage 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• the sage
    the sage

Current breaking story on Sir Isaac Newton's prophecies of the second coming of Christ, confirming, the research of many of us ex-JW's. Check it out! The Sage

Breaking Christian News

Isaac Newton's Prophecies Revealed to Public for First Time in Jerusalem—Makes Prediction About Second Coming of Christ by AP/TN : Jun 20, 2007 : AP
    http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070619/28049_Papers_Show_Isaac_Newton%27s_Religious_Side%2C_Predict_Date_of_Apocalypse.htm

Believed the temple in Jerusalem mirrored the cosmos and that Christ would not return until at least the year 2060, and maybe later. Said Newton, 300 years ago: "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

(Jerusalem)-One of the world's greatest scientists of all time, Sir Isaac Newton, was known for his spectacular breakthroughs in science and astronomy, but he was also a deeply religious man. Now it is revealed that documents by Newton, purchased by a Jewish scholar at a Sotheby's auction in London in 1936 and kept safe in Israel's national library in Jerusalem since 1969, and which were reportedly available for decades only to a small number of scholars, have for the first time been opened to the public.

altAccording to an AP report, the 300-year-old manuscripts calculate the exact date of the apocalypse (no earlier than 2060, according to Newton who used the book of Daniel for his calculations), and detail the precise dimensions of the ancient temple in Jerusalem, besides some Bible interpretations as well. (Photo: AP / The Jewish National and University Library, handout)

"It may end later," noted Newton, referring to the Second Coming of Christ, "but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

In another document, Newton reportedly interpreted biblical prophecies to mean that the Jews would return to the Holy Land before the world ends. The end of days will see "the ruin of the wicked nations, the end of weeping and of all troubles, the return of the Jews captivity and their setting up a flourishing and everlasting Kingdom."

The placement of, and exact dimensions of the temple in Jerusalem mirror the arrangement of the cosmos, Newton adds.

Yemima Ben-Menahem, one of the exhibit's curators, is quoted as saying that the Newton papers complicate the idea that science is diametrically opposed to religion. "These documents show a scientist guided by religious fervor, by a desire to see God's actions in the world," she said.

More prosaic documents on display show Newton keeping track of his income and expenses while a scholar at Cambridge and later, as master of the Royal Mint, negotiating with a group of miners from Devon and Cornwall about the price of the tin they supplied to Queen Anne.

• heathen
    heathen

In any event he disproved all the religious zealots of his time >LOL Even tho the bible does say to keep expecting it as if it were imminent it doesn't mean it will happen at a particular time in your lifetime.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

deleted - double post

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Fascinating. I'd like to know exactly how Newton arrived at 2060. He is probably a lot closer to the truth than the Watchtower Society's constant wishfully thinking that the end is so very close now.

This would be good for JW's to hear out about because Newtown didn't believe in the Trinity so they might be inclined not to dismiss this information so quickly.

Interestingly, the author of the following website says the end will be around 2073. He mentions the JW's and quotes from C.T. Russell's writings:

http://www.tangotango.org.uk/

• betterdaze
  • Marcel
    Marcel

when newton calculated something he was/is wrong about it like everyone else.
    jesus said that noone knows the hour and thats it. noone knows it. (omg, i want to meet noone now to ask him O_o)

if it will happen it will happen at a time noone has calculated.

there is no hint in the bible which gives christians the right to calculate any date.
    thats the biggest problem with 1914. if the god wanted us to calculate 1914 we wouldnt need to calculate it by jumping around in the bible and add a big pile of assumptions to it.

my prophecies about jws:
    - 1914 will be abandoned (will take some dozens of years from now and needs a new justification for the WTS being the FDS)
    - blood doctrine will be abandoned (i think max 10-15 years from now)

• Shazard
    Shazard

Gross men do gross mistakes!

• heathen
    heathen
    1914 will be abandoned (will take some dozens of years from now and needs a new justification for the WTS being the FDS)

I can't see how they abandon that all together and remain "the truth" to it's members . The thing I make out of it is that the "this generation" does pass away and the only thing offering them eternal life was the WTBTS not the scripture. That is something I argued over with the j-dubs as I believed the generation does pass away and of course they jumped down my throat but now I can sit back and laugh at them .

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end,

I guess the witnesses can trace their history to Newton's time now! :)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The placement of, and exact dimensions of the temple in Jerusalem mirror the arrangement of the cosmos, Newton adds.

Yes yes we all know that Newton incorrectly asserted that the universe was like a big clockwork. We now understand that even though Newton's classical physics works it is a very incomplete theory.

Since around 1905 we have known that Newton did not understand the arrangement of the cosmos. How could he possiblely understand the relationship of the temple to the cosmos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit