WHY NO MEDIA REPORTS ABOUT JW CHILD ABUSE SETTLEMENTS???

by integ 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• integ
    integ

Big news that the Catholic Arch Diocese in California has settled a lawsuit of over 600 million dollars to victims of abuse.

Shouldn't the media be telling the story of the recent Watchtower settlement???

There should be an investigative story on this I would think.

The witnesses always talk about being persecuted, yet they are getting a free pass on this and this is pretty BIG.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think the reason there isn't more covereage is that the Catholic Church is at least 70 times larger than the WTB&TS. Small audience=small coverage.

• alphafemale
    alphafemale

Ah yes Nathan, but the JWs make such BIG claims about being 'whiter than white' don't they? It would be a pity if the press misses out on this one!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

In today's media, dollars = guilt.

Huge settlement = huge wrongdoing.

In the WTS's case, unknown settlement = unknown guilt. Sadly, not newsworthy for the mainstream media.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

It was definitely in the UK Guardian newspaper within the last two months,but it's not coming up in the search facility on their site - typical!

Anyone have the link?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Calling on all EXJW activist to make a show of Watchtower coverups.

Please click this link below for Associated Press Google News wire

http://www.google.com/search?q=Jehovah%27s+Witnesses+Settle+Abuse+Cases&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLJ Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse Cases

• kwr
    kwr

There are 70 Million Catholics and about 500,000 active JW's in the USA. The catholic chiruch is a bigger story and most of the JW molestation cases involve family members while priests are the accused in the Catholic Church. Besides no one is surprised when a creep that knocks on your door on Saturday morning turns out to be a weirdo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit