Well, I'va made it through Friday.....

by still_in74 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• still_in74
    still_in74

So I have the Friday of the District assembly behind me.

I have learned;

1. I need to cancel my cable so I can study more and read the bible more and have less temptation to buy "new toys"
    2. I need to sell my house and buy an ol' fixer upper so my wife can stop working and pioneer
    3. I need to sell all my "toys" and my car
    4. I need to trust the FDS implicitly because Jehovah does.
    5. I need to pray more, study more, preach more, go to more meetings, etc. etc.

Is it just me or have I been to this assembly before? well either way I wont be getting out of Sat and Sun!!

what i thought was interesting was that we are Christs belongings, Jesus entrusted the FDS to all His belongings, thus we must trust the FDS if we are to remain as Christs belongings........ Uhm, was I the only one in the room that saw this was circular reasoning????

At least Sat afternoon will be intersting with a talk about not listening to false teachers. Oh yeah, and the internet is bad and full of apostates!!!!!!!

• exwitless
    exwitless

1. need to cancel my cable so I can study more and read the bible more and have less temptation to buy "new toys"
    2. I need to sell my house and buy an ol' fixer upper so my wife can stop working and pioneer
    3. I need to sell all my "toys" and my car
    4. I need to trust the FDS implicitly because Jehovah does.
    5. I need to pray more, study more, preach more, go to more meetings, etc. etc.

Gee, that does sound vaguely familiar. Like, I don't know, maybe EVERY STINKING CONVENTION FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS!!!! And don't you hate how they ask the rhetorical questions like, "Isn't it refreshing to come together to learn about our Creator, Jehovah?" , and then everyone claps in agreement while thinking "I wish to hell this was over." I'm surprized they don't have brothers walking around with "CLAP" signs, to go with their "KEEP MOVING" signs they like to parade around.

• kwr
    kwr

Without a car how are you going to make all the meetings and go door knocking?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

You should buy a clunker for a car without air conditioning to replace it. I don't see how you go to those assemblies. Going would make me want to kill myself.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Absolutely edifying I can tell.

Jeff

• jeanV
    jeanV
    I need to trust the FDS implicitly because Jehovah does.

A JW told me that at a convention he attended an illustration was given on this point: If you assign a work in the house (such as painting) to someone you will not stay behind him the whole day watching what he does, continually check his work, give him counsel, etc... it is the same with Jehovah and the FDS. He assigned a work and leaves it up to them to do it their way.

I was horrified. Nothing could be more mind controlling than such an example.

Did you hear something similar?

• blondie
    blondie

So God trusts the FDS to get it right...................?

1940's

1957?

2014? (100 years)

2034? (120 years)

Blondie

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Wow sorry that you had to waste a perfectly good Friday.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29
    And don't you hate how they ask the rhetorical questions like, "Isn't it refreshing to come together to learn about our Creator, Jehovah?"

OMFG, YES! I always felt guilty or something... for feeling that way- I hate those questions! "AREN'T YOU HAPPY TO BE HERE TODAY INSTEAD OF IN SATAN'S WICKED SYSTEM OF THINGS"

*Applause*

"HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT OUR PIONEERS WORKING HARD DAY TO DAY TO PREACH JEHOVAHS WORD?"

*Applause*

"AREN'T YOU GRATEFUL FOR GIVING UP YOUR MONEY IN ORDER TO HELP YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS ACROSS THE GLOBE!!!ONE1111"

*Nods off but is awakened by the Applause and joins in*

And another thing I don't like- Weak ass humor on the platform... where everybody laughs, but it's really not that funny- I mean I didn't laugh even when i believed the sh*t. Now it just annoys me- like its f*cking Def Comedy Jam.

And THEn there is the prayer on Sunday, which is always longe than the other prayers.. or maybe you are so fed up you can't but help but wanna kill yourself from the previous two days.... but you nod and rock side to side and SCREAm inside your own skull to keep the remaining pieces of sanity just so you can go home, rip off the damn suit and sip on a nice drink.

I mean... alcohol after any convention? Priceless.

And finally, the most annoying thing to me about conventions... and its ALL CONVENTIONs is not the convention itself, but the comments afterwards...

"That was just what we needed!"

"Mhm.. you are right Sister Whatsherface. I feel refreshed and i'm going to go back to work and face all the wicked people now- they aren't going to understand how refreshed i am and how i feel and blah blah blah... pioneering.. blah blah blah...field service... yadda yadda yadda.... let's go out next weekend.." (I believe you all could finish this conversation)

"Jehovah is always giving spiritual food to his people at the proper time!"

"Wasn't that a lovely convention?"

You know.. this year I'm going to say that last year's convention was better and see what happens. it's like... I just *have* to.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I spent Friday at work. We had a mind-numbing meeting which consisted of telling us our profits for the last quarter and all the exciting new ventures the company had coming up. I would still rather have that day than yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit