Any Doctor Who Fans?

by El Kabong 12 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I honestly cannot tell you why I've never discovered this show until recently. I was up late one night and a PBS station was giving an episode, and I got hooked....It was about something with the Daleks and these Mophead aliens. I was blown away at how good this show was. Ok, the effects are cheesy, but the acting, writing, storyline is superb. I've since started watching the Doctor Who episodes that are currently on You Tube. I just cannot believe that I've never watched this show until recently. I am particularly fond of the First Doctor, William Hartnell. Loved the Daleks Invasion of Earth, An Unearthly Child, and so many from ALL the Doctors. I just went out and bought a couple of DVD's of episodes. The one episode that is my current favorite is Genesis of the Daleks. The actor who played Davros should have gotten an award for his acting. Superb!! New series is pretty good too. I know some of you probably have been fans for years, but I just can't seem to get enough of this show.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

El Kabong...The new series is simply awesome. It is my favorite show and I got my mom and her friend into it too by watching the DVDs with them (practically a tradition now). I was a bit let down this past series, which I thought was less well written as the previous two series. I was simply wowed by Series 2....even wrote up a literary analysis of the intertextuality between the episodes. My favorite Doctor from the old series used to be Pertwee, as my PBS station mainly showed Pertwee and Baker episodes, and I like Baker a lot .... especially him and Sarah Jane. But recently, I have really gotten into Sylvester McCoy's Doctor, and I think he is now my pre-relauch favorite. Anyway, I have a zillion Doctor Who icons that I use with my Yahoo Messenger, and I may be using one or two as my avatar here soon. There's just so many to choose from... ;)

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I'm looking forward to seeing the Daleks in Manhattan from the new series. From the clips I've seen, It looks awesome. I'm glad they are still making new Episodes of the Doctor.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I started watching Dr Who over 20 years ago on PBS, only Baker was availible then. took me a while to figure out he was not human, as the prior Dr Who in america was american/english? movies that made the Doctor, an excentric old human with his grand daughter... but it has only gotten better over time... there were some doctors I could have done without like Collin Baker, and Peter Davis? davidson? but the rest I have like a lot.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Billie Piper was my favorite traveling companion Tom Baker best Dr been watching over 30 years

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The traveling companions have been interesting through the episodes. From the Doctors Granddaughter Susan, who needed a good "smacked bottom" (LOL) after she fell and hurt her ankle in the Daleks invade Earth, to Dodo, Sarah Jane, Peri (The American companion with the 5th?? Doctor, through Rose, who I haven't seen as much as I've liked to. But from the few episodes I've seen with Rose, she seems like an awesome companion.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

From the few episodes? Oh man, you need to get Series 1 and 2 box sets and get the whole sweep of the story. It is really wonderfully realized. As for the Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks two-parter, I would say go into it with reasonably low expectations, and you should be fine. There are also a few spotty episodes after that. But after that, there are some episodes that will really knock your socks off.

Anyone like the team of Seven and Ace? I thought she was so cool.

• unique1
    unique1

No companion is better than K9. Affirmative!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I thought you were looking for a doctor who likes to fan himself and/or others....

LOL

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I heard lots about it from nerds on forums, and we happen to have BBCAmerica.

So I watched it and love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit