My husband left for the convention this morning, felt strange as I slept in

by AWAKE&WATCHING 7 Replies latest social relationships

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

As I drove off to work I thought "Well this is it, it's official now." I never thought back in May that I would not go to the convention. But what would be the point, I haven't been to one meeting since I found out about the UN.

I was so excited when I found out that my former congregation was assigned to the same convention as the congregation I have been in for the last 4 1/2 years. My "best friend" and I made reservations for the same hotel and were looking forward to hanging out like the old days.

It's amazing how fast your life can change in 6-8 weeks. Feeling a little sad thinking about all the people from both congregations that I truly care about. That and the fact that the meetings are really the only thing my husband and I had left that we shared in common.

• startingover
    startingover

I remember the first convention I missed. It was a strange feeling knowing all my friends and family were at the convention and I was home alone. But I had no choice. Once I learned "the truth" I knew that part of my life was now over.

I doesn't bother me in the least any more. Hope the same happens to you.

• anewme
    anewme

Your post took me back to my first meetings missed, and field service missed. Wow, those days were thrilling and scary at the same time.

I knew I was being true to myself yet at the same time I knew I would face dire consequences.

I faced the consequences of my behavior and survived. That was all six years ago now.

I am still alive, have a new husband, new set of friends, new home, new life.

Anewme

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear AWAKE,

The first convention we missed seemed strange to miss as well. After all that is the highlight of the "witness life" isn't it? I am sure it was strange for you to have your husband go and you stay. He will most likely be listening extra closely to the program. Who knows, he may come back with questions himself. Hang in there..were here for you.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Too bad you couldn't just keep your reservations and hang out with your friend at the pool.

lisa

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Thanks everyone, feeling alone today.

lisa - wish I could have hung out at the pool with my friend - but she is the one that turned me in to the elder that I told her I didn't want to talk to about my "concerns".

Maybe I should have zipped it.

• unique1
    unique1

Yeah, the first one is weird but kind of liberating in a sense. I hope you enjoy your weekend taking in God's creations instead of merely listening to someone talk about them.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    my friend - but she is the one that turned me in to the elder

Time to make new friends.............who aren't rats..................(except for JH)...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit