How do you view crosses now?

by reneeisorym 41 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

If you are a Christian, how to you feel about crosses now?

If you are an athiest, would you wear one?

• bavman
    bavman

I'm agnostic, buddhist, unitarian, christian, hindu, muslim....does that count? I wouldn't wear one however I am not opposed to one. I am not appalled or in fear of a cross either. It is an old symbol used before christianity. I view the cross as a good symbol because it means making a continual transformation for the good (in my own mind).

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

when someone wears a cross, i don't get offended, but, from my perspective, i think it's weird. i mean, if someone you loved was shot with a handgun, would you wear a glock symbol around your neck? also, i think people need to focus more on how jesus lived, not how he died.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

(prefatory disclaimer: I am an atheist)

Generally speaking I try to avoid getting up on them, but sometimes duty calls and I just have to haul myself up there again.

I'm not a "jewelry person," so I wouldn't wear a cross.

• changeling
    changeling

LOL: bigdreux, did you get that reasoning from the Live Forever book?

Not that it matters either way, I'm agnostic and religious symbols mean nothing to me.

• PEC
    PEC

Why would an atheist wear one?

Crosses don't bother me, it's the WWJD pendants that make my blood boil. The people that wear them are usually the most un-Christ-like people.

BTW, renee, you misspelled atheist, was that intentionally?

Philip

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

changeling, that may have come from the wts, i've thought that way for a long time, but, even if it did come from them, it makes sense to me. i honestly don't know where it came from.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I will wear one till the day I die, well I have a tattoo of a cross on my arm, but I have a crucifix over my front door, bedroom doors, and a cross from the Holy land in the living room, another one from Ireland in the dining room, I have a rosary hanging from the rear view mirror in my car, um several crosses that I sometimes wear.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Big D, did you read that other post about Big Love, you are so like Nikki,

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Renee, how do you feel about the cross?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit