JW's! You just can't get away from them!

by Amber Rose 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

So I was just browsing on the Google for tips on making good espresso and what came up on the first page? An article about espresso on Jehovah's Witness official web page. I didn't want to think about JWs. I just wanted to learn about coffee. Keep your kids off that evil internet. You never know how they might be directed to that awful organization! Just thought I'd share this bit of goofiness with you all.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19971108/article_01.htm

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

This was in the asleep rag?? What the hell do they know about mak'n espresso and why was it in the asleep..er, awake? WTF??

nj

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, it appears to have moved down the charts. I checked and did not find the Puketower version on the first page.

This is the reason why the Asleep is made at all. You get people interested in topics that have nothing to do with religion. So, people think that the organization will teach them something. They read the Asleep article, and try it. It doesn't work well, so they think they need more instruction (not from another source, of course). This leads to a PuketowerBible study, as they promise to instruct them on the chosen subject under the condition of the study. Of course, it gets moved back as layers of conditions are imposed toward joining the organization. Finally, they find out that they are not going to get the instruction, but are going to be instructed to place other Puketower magazines with different subjects to yet other unsuspeciting people.

This just highlights why I recommend using mulitple sources, and not all from the same Web site, when looking for information on a subject. Wikipedia is a much better place to go, but even then you might check other sites just to make sure you are getting all the unbiased information you can. Wikipedia might do if all you want is to satisfy your curiosity or are looking for specific tips. But, if you are looking for a commercial site, you should have at least three different sources that are not related. That should get you unbiased information and the best possibilities for experimentation.

One thing I can guarantee you will never see in a Puketower publication is tips on how to decorate a Christmas tree. With something like that, you can view as many or as few sites as you choose, and then experiment. Your favorite items will take precedent before any web site or other instruction, since there is no wrong way to coordinate a Christmas tree. And, the best part is that the Watchtower Society is silent on the subject, except that you should not do it. That ought to be a safe topic to browse.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Amber rose,

Get a good espresso machine like a Pavoni or Elektra.

Use distilled water.

Use Fresh ground quality beans.

DL <------ lover of good espresso.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit