The elders fail again! No shepherding for this marriage...

by truthsearcher 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I had an interesting discussion with an elder from a Christian church. There is a JW lady coming to their elders for marriage counselling because "there is no help for my marriage at the KH". The JW elders have failed as shepherds and so now the sheep is seeking a shepherd who really does care and can help! Of course, she won't attend the church, still goes to meetings, but she is watching carefully to see how biblical the Christian counsel is (it is--deals with issues in both the husband and the wife), and how much love is being shown (lots). She also said "there's no love at the KH".

I think it is only a matter of time before this lady sees the truth of who are the TRUE disciples of Jesus. Her husband attends the church so I guess this is why she can get away with it without being booted out of the KH. Their children are allowed to attend any church events that don't include a Bible study. The kids say "this is our church that we don't attend."

Any comments?

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Good for her! At least she can see for herself that other religions are not demonised. Hope she finds the help she's looking for.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hmmm.....All that Christian association, fellowship,love AND biblical advice being exhibited OUTSIDE the walls of a Kingdom Hall? Looks to ME as though she is more than one foot out of the WTS!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Let's welcome her to the family of God.

She is just a few steps away from a TMS/SM announcement that she is not a Jehovah's Witness.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    At least she can see for herself that other religions are not demonised.

I agree totally! Before I married my "unbelieving" husband, I was quite impressed with the genuine, caring counselling we received from one of "Christendom's" Pastors. He was also the one who conducted our wedding ceremony and has kept in touch with us ever since. This is a far cry from our experience with the JW elder, who just used the occasion to create contention.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good. I hope this results in the Witlesses losing one more member toward their goal of reaching 7 million soon. The church probably appreciates this couple more than the Witlesses do. And, if this trend continues, it will be those other churches that will be laughing in the faces of the Watchtower Society for having negative growth and offering no real hope or help.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I was so surprised at first to hear of this lady--she must be really desperate to risk going outside the hall! I have asked to be notified of when she realizes the truth about the situation. Right now, she is obviously conflicted: the true love and biblical teaching and help is coming from one of "Christendom's" babylonish churches...there is no love or support at the KH...hmmm...what is going on here? I suspect she is considered a weak association because this is her second marriage, and she married a Christian who was spiritually weak but after one visit to the KH said, "Enough of this, I'm going back to church!" Now he is getting discipled at his own church, getting more involved (plays the piano for the worship time) and the Christian elders are trying to help him be a better husband and father. And in the meantime, she is just watching, listening, and wondering!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit