"The Sound of Music" not theocratic enough?

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I love that movie. . .and we NEVER did anything remotely creative in our cong. The only thing was cake after book study meeting for someones anniversary. and weddings.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    we NEVER did anything remotely creative in our cong. The only thing was cake after book study meeting for someones anniversary. and weddings.

Sorry!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You know that they cannot have any song unless it has a number between 1 and 225 attached to it. And this song is not one of those Kingdumb Maladies. So, they will not allow it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think someone should be bull whipped for implanting that stupid song in my head!!!

• blondie
    blondie

It is obviously one person's opinion but with approval rights assigned by the congregation. I bet he doesn't even know the words of the song. I have never heard any objection to the Sound of Music and its songs. Sounds like a personal bias rather than WT sanctioned.

Songs played at a assembly hall dedication with Knorr present who came up later and complimented the musicians.

Opening overture from "Sound of Music" and "Fascination."

http://music.msn.com/album/?album=29456304

Fascination lyrics It was fascination
    I know
    And it might have ended
    Right then, at the start
    Just a passing glance
    Just a brief romance
    And I might have gone
    On my way
    Empty hearted

It was fascination
    I know
    Seeing you alone
    With the moonlight above
    Then I touch your hand
    And next moment
    I kiss you
    Fascination turned to love

It was fascination
    I know
    Seeing you alone
    With the moonlight above
    Then I touch your hand
    And next moment
    I kiss you
    Fascination turned - to - love

• Mary
    Mary
    John Doe said: I think someone should be bull whipped for implanting that stupid song in my head!!!

So sorry John.....here, maybe this'll help:

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
    Layee odl, layee odl layee-oo
    Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd
    Layee odl, layee odl-oo
    Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
    Layee odl, layee odl layee-oo
    Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
    Layee odl, layee odl-oo
    Oho layee odllee-oo
    Oho layee odl ay!
    Oho layee odllee-oo
    Hododlleeoay!

LOL!!!!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Mary, that was brilliant!

• poppers
    poppers

"The Sound of Music" - gasp! You mean that movie about a Catholic nun who brings love back into the life of a lonely man and reconnects him to a family he has distanced himself from? Surely anything a Catholic does is suspect and is directed by Satan. Everyone knows that nuns are the devil's whores.

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

Harcore JWs are always in a hurry to condemn all music and replaced it with KM songs that many of them cannot sing in the first place. JW's condemnation of others is okay in their books but when others condemn their destructive teachings, they complain their rights are being abused. What a bunch of hypocrites.

• compound complex
    compound complex

The ringing of a bell - tocsin - is in this case a reference to church bells. They reside in steeples, I believe. Even the most innocuous of references to Babylon the Great is a deadly spiritual toxin that would surely create a spiritual and moral meltdown in the staunchest JW. In the most indirect and vaguest situations, such as presented in my analysis, however, spiritual danger continues to lurk for the foolhardy.

The BS leader most certainly has taken all the above into account.

CoCo, PseudoScholar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit