JW Competition-Pope says other Christians not true churches!

by lonelysheep 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur

Maybe he should organize a global campaign passing out tracts telling other churches that their days are numbered; just as his Brooklyn-based rivals did. I say he and Ted Jaracz should just settle this thing through a friendly arm-wrestle. If Benedict wins, Jaracz has to wear the pope's hat for a week. If Jaracz wins, Benedict has to attend Bethel morning worship for a week.

• heathen
    heathen

(#2, A friend warned me that this pope could possibly be the Anti-Christ. I laughed it off, but This bit of news is a tad discouraging.) Protestants always say that about the pope .LOL I think most christian religions believe they have enough truth or that just accepting christ as a personal saviour is enough to be saved . Jesus did say ," I am, the way , truth and light of the world". I personally feel that the catholic church is the whore of babylon , filled with corruption and falsehood . It can be seen throughout history with it's power over royalty . No other church resembles all the description like the catholic church does.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I don't know why anyone on here would be upset over the Pope's comments, I think some of you are forgetting that you used to call your religion THE TRUTH!!!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    At this rate, can a revival of the Inquisition be far behind???

I was thinking the exact same thing! And if heathen is right, then the persecution of Christians by the anti-Christ described in the Bible could be a second Inquisition. This, of course, is not a popular or politically correct view to voice.

But the Catholic church has always claimed to be "Mother" and called Christians to come back to Mother. When my father became a born-again Christian, his Catholic mother's priest advised her to cut him off, which she did. So don't think that shunning is only used by JWs. (In time, she realized that she loved her son enough to defy the priest's orders on that one...)

As a side note, this week there was a documentary on a Ontario Catholic priest pedophile with something like 50 known victims (after the show aired, 12 MORE came forward). It was very touching when the Bishop publically apologized for their mishandling of his crimes. But then the documentary showed that the Bishop had just lied and tried to cover up the true nature of the church's mishandling. They said once they knew about the pedophilia, the pedophile was taken out of service and sent to a monastery. A little investigative digging found that he had in fact been sent to a different parish in a different province. I plan to use this case in my next Witness discussions and springboard onto the recent lawsuits (which I'll bet my Witnesses know nothing about). Let's see how their indignation toward the Catholic church is quickly tempered despite their own religion's hypocrisy.

• heathen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit