Rollerdave Update

by RollerDave 4 Replies latest jw friends

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Well, I've been kept pretty hectic lately, but thought I'd drop and update on all my JWD friends.

The fourth went awesomely, everything was done just at the last minute, screen porch, screens for the garage doors, decorating the garage like a banquet hall, all done. Tho I had to drive 80 miles round trip to pick up the screens on the third, and they were made wrong so I wound up re-framing my two 7x9 garage door openings to be able to use em!

My daughter's young man had given his word to his family he'd be in Duluth with them, so he did. But he came down later and I tossed more steaks on the grill. Then the fellow asks my 'permission' to date my daughter! Talk about classy!

Of course I said, 'yes' and now they both feel ok about it, and I certainly feel better.

Then, a few nights later, one of the young folk I have living here hits a deer on her way to work at 4AM in her tiny little Dodge Neon. Really messed it up.

Dave to the rescue, arranging a tow, getting her to work, arranging rides...

Bummer is, this gal was my backup getting people to and from work. We are down to one working vehicle in a shot.

Then we had my JW mom over to tell her about my daughter'd bf, and let her meet him. She actually took it much better than I expected her to.

Still hopping tho, getting everybody to work and back, one vehicle isn't enough.

Long story short, last night we bought a truly enormous '04 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab with a long bed and a topper. This EarthShaker is one big bad GroundPounder and is almost tall enough to take me back to my schoolbus driving days!

So there's the latest rollerstuff.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Rollerdave,

I've been thinking about you, your ears must have been ringing

Good new about your daughters new boyfriend!!

Hope life settles down for ya soon.

nj

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I was actually thinking about the forum on the way to work this morning and thought "Hey I wonder how Dave's rollin' ? Haven't seen a post from him for awhile."

Glad to have an update. Made me realize what a life-line this forum is to me right now.

Sounds like you had a great holiday. You are a great story teller.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're a good man RollerDave!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Thanks guys!

Somehow, posting is just easier for me if I feel I have 'caught up' the forum. I only intend to jot a couple things down, but I enjoy storytelling and the flow of ideas just seems to take over.

As for life slowing down, that would drive me crazy! I gotta keep moving, going, going gone! I don't want to gather dust!

NVR, thanks!

I just do what I can.

Roller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit