Religious book seller struck by lightning - could it have been a JW?

by Gopher 22 Replies latest social current

• karvel
    karvel

it was a SDA. my father, the elder, keeps relating to everyone how he was out preaching at the same time this unfortunate was struck and how he suddenly told the group "we must leave, now" and suddenly it starts pouring as they get in the car. is it wrong that i kinda wish he had been struck instead?

• Gopher
    Gopher

SDA's go out book-selling???

Karvel - I don't know your dad, but if he thinks Jehoober saved him from being in the wrong place at the wrong time and protects JW's but not SDA's, that's not even scriptural. The Bible says there is NO advantage for the righteous over the unrighteous, and time and unforeseen circumstance befall them ALL.

The poor bookseller was just plain unlucky. If your dad thinks he was protected by NOT being struck by that lightning, well guess what -- you and I weren't struck by that lightning either. We were "protected" by engaging in our evil apostate activities that last Sunday.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

JW or not, I somehow believe this person was in some kind of cult.

If this person had been Baptist, protestant, pentecostal, they would have mentioned it. Why do many news media outlets try to protect cults? political correctness?

There are several things about this article that makes it seem like he wasnt a JW.

I think this reporter, whoever they were did a really shoddy job on getting the facts straight, way too ambiguous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit