If JW's message is so urgent and Armageddon is imminent..

by PopeOfEruke 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it has been so hot here this week that our weather has been on the national news, around 120 degrees most of the week. So what do I see this morning? Two elderly JW sisters out in service in dresses, heels, stockings, with book bags. I wanted to stop and ask them what kind of loving god would want them to risk their lives like that just to soothe his vanity. But I didn't, if they were crazy enough to go out in this weather and walk around, they wouldn't listen to me.

• Missanna
    Missanna

they do that because no matter what they say it's uncomfortable to them to go to a strangers door and talk to them about the Bible. It's sad...

• steve2
    steve2

The last time I saw a handful of older JWs walking the streets - several months ago - I was genuinely surprised by how much slower they now walk compared to when I last door-knocked in the 1980s.

They really have slowed down in more ways than one. Their characteristic shuffle seems to reflect the forced nature of the door-knocking; if the JWs knew no one was keeping a record of their door-knocking, they'd stop it in a heartbeat.

• zack
    zack

THE WHOLE THING IS A SHAM. eVERYONE KNOW IT IS A SHAM. wITNESSESS KNOW THEY ARE NOT BRINGIN A LIFE SAVING MESSAGE TO ANYONE! tHEY COUNTING TIME. tHEY ARE SHAMEFUL. tHEIR MINISTRY IS FOR SHOW, A JOKE. WITH SO MANY SOULS OUT THERE WHO ARE HURT AND IN NEED, THESE PEOPLE SPEND AS LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR SUCH ONES. mOST WITNESSES DO NOT CARE ABOUT EVER SPEAKING TO ANYONE IN FIELD SERVICE. IT IS ALL A SHOW. IT IS EMPTY.

• Missanna
    Missanna

Zack i beg to differ. i agree that they don't have a life saving work but i don't agree that they know that and are all just counting their time. I would say MOST are but not all. when i was pioneering i really and honestly thought i had the truth and truly loved talking about it thinking i was doing these people good. i know now i was stupid and wrong but that doesn't mean that i wasn't honest about it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They are saying the prayer, as they walk, that I used to say, "Ohhhh, please don't let there be anyone mean at the next door. Please let it be a not at home. Please let it be break time soon."

I only like informal witnessing and usually over did it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Their feet have to work at the same speed as their brains, otherwise they would fall over.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

LOL @ Keyser!

Good one!

Maybe they walk that speed so they are following the lead of the F&DS - who are all decrepit old men in walkers and wheelchairs with drool on their chins.

Pope

• steve2
    steve2
    Maybe they walk that speed so they are following the lead of the F&DS - who are all decrepit old men in walkers and wheelchairs with drool on their chins.

Pope, I beg to differ: If they were following the "lead" of the F&DS, they'd be walking backwards...come to think of it, it did seem to take the forrrevvvvverrrr to walk around the small block where I last saw them a few months ago, and their backs were prominent... ...

• eclipse
    eclipse

It makes a glacier look like a speeding avalanche.

They should nominate it to Month Python's "Ministry of Silly Walks"..

I have seen amputated turtles move faster!

LMAO Pope, that is the funniest thing I have ever read in a long time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit