D.C. "Come Be My Follower" 2007

by bobld 2 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

That was the new book released at the D.C. Some observations:They made reference to John 3:16.I noticed they referred to it a number of times,but only mentioned the 1st part about the ransom and not the part"IN ORDER THAT EVERYONE EXERCISING FAITH IN HIM MIGHT NOT BE DESTROYED BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE"

In the book "Come Be My Follower" they criticize Christendom and what it believes.Page 12 they state the purpose of the book"Its aim is,NOT to give a complete summary of the LIFE AND MINISTRY OFJESUS,"Than on page 22 they state "The study aid,WILL make a careful study of the LIFE AND MINISTRY OF JESUS"

Also on page 12 and page 28 they say see "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived" and" What Does the Bible Really Teach?" published by Jehovah's Witnesses. When you look at those books both are published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York,Inc. Brooklyn.New York,U.S.A. and International Bible Students Association Brooklyn,New York,U.S.A.

So if I'am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and a publisher of "Come Be My Follower" I can give anyone permission to reproduce and sell any portion of this book.

Bob

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    In the book "Come Be My Follower" they criticize Christendom and what it believes.

Not again..... I had enough of their criticism a few years ago when we studied the Isaiah book. Of course, that was the year I was giving serious thought about what I was being taught by the WTS, and was getting tired of Christendom being called the antitypical "renagade Jerusalem." <sigh>

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Good point bobld

They made reference to John 3:16.I noticed they referred to it a number of times,but only mentioned the 1st part about the ransom and not the part"IN ORDER THAT EVERYONE EXERCISING FAITH IN HIM MIGHT NOT BE DESTROYED BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE"

Half truths are the norm. And where you can't teach half truths you change the words. (NWT)

DV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit