I'm certified !

by Dawn 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

As a scuba diver that is . I just finished my open water certifications last weekend and what a blast that was! I'm planning another trip the end of this month to do 4 more dives, then will work on taking the advanced class.

Now I can mark off one more thing from my "things to do before I die" list. I really like this one - I think it's going to be a life long hobby.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Congratulations! Do you have an underwater camera to take with you diving?

Dave

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Fantastic! It sounds like lots of fun. Congrats!

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulatons Dawn, that sounds like a lot of fun. I must start my list too.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Congrats! Sounds really exciting!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Congratulations, Dawn!

Cellist

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Congratulations!

I played around with scuba diving but never got certified. It's like a whole different world under there isn't it?

Snoozy..

• Dawn
    Dawn

Thanks all.

Dave - I don't have an underwater camera but would like to get one. I decided to do a few more dives and make sure this is something I want to do regularly before I invest in a lot of the equipment. I loved it so much I'm pretty sure it's going to be a life long sport. I'm heading back to the ocean in 3 weeks to do some more diving and can't wait!

I started this "list of things to do" about 5-6 years ago. I decided that since I wasn't spending time at meetings, field service, etc I shouldn't let all that time go to waste but do some things I always wanted or thought would be fun. I started with just a few things on the list and have just kept adding to it as I mark things off or think of new things. So far I've finished my bachelor's degree, took jazz and hip-hop dance lessons (liked that and have kept at it for 4 years now), went white water rafting, kayaking, and just finished salsa dance lessons last month - along with my scuba certification this month. Next on the list is to go somewhere really cool and exotic with my friend for a diving trip, and to learn to play the guitar. The "list" has turned out to be a lot of fun - I keep it on my fridge to remind me of things I should work towards. I'd recommend it to everyone - it's amazing what you can do if you just put that goal in front of you and keep taking baby steps towards it.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

That's awesome news Dawn - I've always wanted to get my cert for scuba too.

So where is your first dive going to be?

• Dawn
    Dawn

Joannadandy: I'm heading back over to Puget Sound area in 3 weeks and I'll be diving a local river here with my instructors for some drift diving to practice boyancy. Long term goal is Maui (I'm saving $$ for it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit