Am I being dumb?

by bluebell 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I really and truly believe that my father did not abuse either of my two younger sisters, just me. My one sister was abused by my brother, which makes me think he was abused so as to act like that.

I left the JW's after finding he could get responsibilities again and because I realised that I would always be viewed as bad association no matter how hard I tried because I just didn't fit in.

I never wanted to take it any further than the congregation because I did not want to rip my family apart.

BUT if I had a child I would not let him alone with them.

Can someone just abuse one victim (maybe two if my bro was abused as I think he was)? Or do they always abuse more?

((((bluebell))))

Of course you are not dumb! Naive maybe but not dumb.

If you really want to understand the mind of an abuser you have to do your research, plenty has been written about the subject and a lot of studies have been done. You'll have to draw your own conclusion.

My concern is that the abuser gets away with the crime when he has silenced his victim. This is where your responsibility comes into play. You are correct beyond all doubt to NEVER leave a child alone with him, I would take it one step further and NEVER let him know I had a child to begin with.

Oh back to the silence, you must speak out about it to your other family members if you've not already. Talk frankly with your sisters and forget about ripping your family apart his actions did that and if you don't speak up you will inevitably cause some other family members to become victims too. Like your future nieces and nephews, I for one could not live with that on my conscience. You won't be ripping your family apart you will be saving them from more harm.

A lot for you to think about, but please don't keep silent. Draw from your inner strength and fight this evil, you are strong because you've survived this harmful act against yourself. Get professional help with it if you must but don't let him continue to harm others, he will it's his nature. You would become just like him if you ignore this and don't expose him, I know that sounds harsh but it's true the responsibility to correct the wrong belongs to the one who absolutely knows right from wrong and isn't afraid to fight evil.

I wish you well hun I'm sorry you've had this experience in your life it truly sucks but you can and you will overcome it and if you know absolutely you played a part in saving other family members from harms way how wonderful would that make you feel?

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Blue-

Some offenders are 'situational offenders', who do not necessarily PREFER a child as a sexual partner, and would perhaps prefer an age appropriate partner, but instead accept a child as a sexual partner because the child is available, and situational stressors (financial/relational/psychological/physical) exist.

It is possible this describes your situation.

That said, most child molesters have an 'age and sex of preference', and choose children to molest who fit their preference.

Perhaps you were his preference, and your sister was not.

This information comes from expert medical studies..

Hope this helps--

Kimberlee D. Norris

[email protected]

• bluebell
    bluebell

Sorry for not letting you all know I read and appreciated the comments made here. I haven't been on much and I didn't follow the post up.

BlackSwan: sorry to hear about your sister, I remember when I found my sister had been abused by my brother, I felt so guilty about all those times she begged me to play with them and I was buried in a book in my own imaginary world and said no.

Nvrgnbk: I told my sisters and brother and my mom that I was abused. Most of my husbands family know - some don't as they would go round and try to kill him. I have not discussed my concerns with my sisters as they pretty much stopped contact with me when I stopped being a witness, although they have softened know and I am trying to get a relationship going again. My brother (he abused one of my sisters and I suspect he was abused), who is not a witness also knows. He has a little girl and he lets my parents look after her, I get confused as to how much I should do about this - he is her dad, not me.

Mum: In a Psychology class I took once, there was a lecture about child abuse. The professor, who had studied the problem, stated that one child would be singled out for all or most of the abuse. If that child were removed from the family, another child would be abused.

Mum: That's why I stayed at home long after my brother and sister left, my other sister is 10 years younger and I wanted to make sure nothing happened to her, but as you say, some of us are easier targets than others, she has heaps of personality and was probably never in any danger.

bikerchic: I am sure that If I ever had a child I would never let him alone with it, but as my mother is still married to him and I love her to bits, he would get to see the child if he was around when I visited her. When I told the elders about him, they had a policy that whenever he got up to go to the toilet, someone would follow, I don't know if this is still true. My mother knows what happened so I think she probably keeps and eye out too. I don't see the point of taking any legal action against him, back when I was 21 and had just "confessed" I was in no state of mind to do anything it took all the strength I had to tell the elders let alone anyone official and I was didn't want to bring the congregation into disrepute! huh how brainwashed did they get us hey? Now I think it is too late, what would be gained?

stillconcerned:Some offenders are 'situational offenders', who do not necessarily PREFER a child as a sexual partner, and would perhaps prefer an age appropriate partner, but instead accept a child as a sexual partner because the child is available, and situational stressors (financial/relational/psychological/physical) exist

stillconcerned: This is truly what I think happened and is the reason why I just leave it as it is.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    some don't as they would go round and try to kill him.

And your point is?

LOL!

I have not discussed my concerns with my sisters as they pretty much stopped contact with me when I stopped being a witness, although they have softened know and I am trying to get a relationship going again.

I think this matter trumps the religion and its ridiculous policies.

If it feels healthy for you, talk to them about it.

So glad to "see" you again, bluebell.

Saw all the personal success you're enjoying on your other thread.

So happy for and proud of you!

• bluebell
    bluebell
    some don't as they would go round and try to kill him.

And your point is?

LOL!

I know! It is tempting believe me!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I know! It is tempting believe me!

Hey.

Things happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit