Resurrection or Truth

by XJWNB 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Flash
    Flash
    Not sure if this has ever been brought up. But because of thsi forum and the realization that things said in the JW Empire are not true. Do you still believe in the resurrection hope?

Yes definately. Jesus did it, experianced it and promised it. My belief in the resurrection has nothing to do with what the WTS teaches.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses don't teach resurrection, they teach re-creation in a perfect replica body. That's different from resurrection.

• esw1966
    esw1966

Yes!

Jesus died and was raised! That means that he paid our price for sin and that by faith in his paying the price for us, we are in him. A new creation. And we become aware that we too have life eternal now! - 1 John 5:13 (That you may know that you have life everlasting, you who put your faithin the name of the Son of God.)(That's called the helmet of salvation. You know.) 1 Cor 15:16,17,20,22 - For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. However, now Christ has been raised up from the dead, so also in the Christ all will be made alive!

That's what I believe.

• lrkr
    lrkr

And here it is- the rubber meets the road. The main reason most of us hung on to JW philosophy for so long- the hope for life after this one.

My answer (influenced by a few vodka-tonics) hope springs eternal- but don't let it flood the present. There is something very healthy about a hope for something else. And it seems an awful waste to think that the crazy personalities we develop (and are born with) will cease to exist because of something so base as a muscle that doesn't work any more. But (a big but) hope shouldn't interfere with life. Life is real- hope is, well.... hope.

• Marcel
    Marcel

i want to believe. but its not as easy as before when you find out youve been lied to before about it. its a great hope though.

• pallemar
    pallemar

If JW armageton comes, i can get thruw it with being a Ateist ;)

20:4

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image *, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Revelation 20

well and if i don't get resurrection, i don't matter ;)

65:17

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. Isaiah 65

if you can remember anything, why then live? i chose death :) he he

24 The discerning sets his face toward wisdom,but the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth. Proverbs 17

A fool does not delight in understanding, But only in revealing his own mind. Proverbs 18:2

5:18 Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, For what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light; Amos 5

he he Sign Palle :)

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

Not completely true. All witnesses believe in the resurrection hope that their love ones who fall asleep in death would someday be awaken or resurrected back into their same bodies. They also believe that this system will end and they will not see death. Then all that are living would have their bodies rejuvenated to perfection.

I for my part don't believe in it anymore. Of all the lies and the falsehood that the WTS has told, makes me believe that it will never happen, not in my lfietime. When you hear a witnesses tell you that this world is so bad and soon it will end. I would tell them that they are half right. You make the world as to what you want it to be, good or bad. And yes, the end is near, for every day I get older, death gets nearer. It just the fact of life, you live and then you die.

• Gopher
    Gopher

XJWNB -- As a JW I was taught that the earthly resurrection would be the same "person" but not the same body. The Watchtower even reasoned on this, sayiing that the molecules that comprised your body would be absorbed into the ground, taken in by plants and be taken in by later living souls. So what they teach is a "re-creation" (borrowing a term that Jesus used), a re-creation of the person but in a different physical body. (Kind of weird, I know.)

As far as the "end", this has been preached for centuries by various groups, and it has been and always will be a fantasy. If some God of the Bible decided to act, He'd already be a day late and a dollar short.

JW's are pushing this resurrection hope hard because so many people who thought they'd live without ever dying are now close to dying. The "sure hope that the generation that saw 1914 would also witness the end of this world" was surely a lie. So this life is what we know we have.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    JW's are pushing this resurrection hope hard because so many people who thought they'd live without ever dying are now close to dying.

Yeah, death finally caught up with the millions now living that where never supposed to die ;)

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

The body is disposable it's the person inside that is important.
    When you think of it our body changes every 7 years through shedding cells etc.

I believe that regardless of what type of resurrection a person undergoes, into a spirit body or a physical one, neither is the exact same one we had before. Does it even matter? As long as we are remembered in God's eyes or memory.

Yeah, I believe we live again.

Witchetty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit