What's New with Me in the "Real World"? Turns Out Real World Ain't That Fun

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Effervescent, I have been thinking that phrase, as well as "Kick me while I'm down, why don't you?!!?" Though I don't know who "YOU" is actually.

Thank you, Hortensia, I much prefer hearing what is going on in people's lives from this board instead of arguing over doctrines too. I feel like you are all my friends. I have never felt that on an online forum before.

Thank you, Daddy Warlock, I know it's not Wisconsin, though believe it or not this kind of thing DOES happen in Wisconsin, it's usually in a "bad part of town" well after dark. This happened in a "good part of town" on a "safe road" with other cars around, in the middle of the day. I have no excuse. I knew better, did it anyway, and learned a very hard lesson. I know I'm not in Kansas anymore.

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

You have been through a lot lately, and it is true inspiration seeing two of you understanding each other. Or even when we can't understand what is going on, trust we have in people and they in us that we have the best intentions is the only thing that can pull it all through, and two of you obviously have it really well.

I myself have been through a living hell every way imaginable for the last three months, seeing sickness, death and betrayal but what was the hardest to bear was that somehow those you consider close friends either by accident or deliberately completely misread your intentions and makes something else out of it all entirely which just added insult to injury. So it is really great that you two can understand each other. Believe me having people who are actually there for you without a price tag attached is truly priceless. People who understand even when they don't understand is the greatest gift you can have in this life.

• free2think
    free2think

Hi GGBG,

What a crazy week, i'm really sorry about your car getting broken into and all the stress to go with it and the uti, ouch. I'm glad you're feeling better though with the anitbiotics.

But i'm really happy you and mike are doing good, and so close, please say Hi from me, i hope he comes back to the board soon, we miss him.

hugs

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

thanks for the update. been wondering how you both were....

sorry you've had such a crazy week. it's really great that you and Mike can support eachother through all this though.

here's to a better week ahead of you - cheers!

• Quandry
    Quandry

The good news is you are all physically O.K. and things can be replaced (although with alot of trouble).!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    You have been through a lot lately, and it is true inspiration seeing two of you understanding each other. Or even when we can't understand what is going on, trust we have in people and they in us that we have the best intentions is the only thing that can pull it all through, and two of you obviously have it really well.

I myself have been through a living hell every way imaginable for the last three months, seeing sickness, death and betrayal but what was the hardest to bear was that somehow those you consider close friends either by accident or deliberately completely misread your intentions and makes something else out of it all entirely which just added insult to injury. So it is really great that you two can understand each other. Believe me having people who are actually there for you without a price tag attached is truly priceless. People who understand even when they don't understand is the greatest gift you can have in this life.

Illyrian, I'm so sorry for your hardships, lately. Welcome to the board, and THANK YOU for your insight and your reminder - the last thing I ever want to do is take for granted what Mike and I have. free2think and freedomloverr, it's nice to see you here, ladies, and thank you so much for your kindness, always. I have been letting Mike know as everyone says their greetings so he knows how much y'all think of him. I appreciate it very much. A big part of why going through tough times with a man like Mike by my side is ideal is his ability to laugh at adversity, to find humour, to bring it out in me. If you can't control a situation, and so many times you just can't, at the very least, you can laugh at it. Quandry, that's a very excellent point. Things can always be worse, and I'm glad that we didn't happen upon any violent people or that no one was hurt in the situation.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey (((GGoBG)))

Thanks for the update I had just been thinking about you two and wondering how you've been doing. Sorry for the slug of bad "stuff" but sounds like it's all working out and you've pulled together and made it work, good for you guys! That's really the true measure of a relationship is how it works or doesn't in the hard times, sounds like you two have it made in the shade and your priorities straight. I'm really happy to hear that about you guys.

Give that big 'ol lug Mike a hug from me, I still think of him as "kiddo". He's a cutie and a lucky guy to have you in his life he better take good care of you or else.....

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Awww, thanks, Bikerchic, you are sweet. He does take good care of me; we take care of each other. Two are better than one, right? If one falls, the other can help him up. Isn't that a Bible scripture or something?

I'll gladly give him a hug from you, Bikerchic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit