Whew, what a relief!

by Metamorphosis 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

To spend some time here at JWD after all day at the first day of the DC. Had to refresh my mind on what quality advice and info is

It was actually kinda weird seeing so much focus on Jesus which is quite 'not the norm'! But there were still too many experiences of people giving up everything to devote their lives because the end is so near, little kids being applauded for spending their day in the principal's office instead of attending the veteran's day program (I mean w/o the veteran's would they even HAVE freedom of religion?)

and i definately agree w/ the posters who have remarked on the last talk of the day - show faith and complete trust in the FDS because Jah and Jesus do? and their proof for that is what? that they throw out tons of rehashed literature each year?

good thing was i got galations, colossians, and most of revelation re-read. the literal 144,000 understanding in revelation really makes zero sense at all when reading the entire chapters, but that is a topic for another day.

just had to post and say thank you for the valuable insights you provide and the strength you give even when you don't realize it.

Morph - 'dreading the next two days'

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks morph for the description, esp the part about the focus on the Lord Jesus... I was wondering how much "ado" they would make about Him since they "supposedly" made Him their "theme" for the DCs.

"...show faith and complete trust in the FDS because Jah and Jesus do" - I guess I missed that previously, sounds like some serious mind-twisting, backwards reasoning, again putting emphasis on THEMSELVES (FDS) rather than upon the rightful Lord God and Savior in whom our REAL faith and trust belongs. If that isn't an antichrist maneuver I don't know what is (setting themselves/FDS up as "little gods").

No better place to get some Bible reading in that an the DC, lol. As for Rev, read it chronologically, and take what is says at face value and it will make more sense (minus ever how many years of WT brainwashing residue that might linger in your cerebellum from prior Rev studies ;-) The 144,000 are just as it says, Jews, from the tribes of Israel, who will be called out during the tribulation to witness.

Hang in there - 2 days to go, eh?
    /ag

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks for taking one for the team Morph and letting us know what's going on at the assembly.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit