Can a jw go be a policeman?

by reneef 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Gopher, I see you got the answer. Not df'd but no privileges. Counts too if you are in security as well. Some fish and game wardens carry guns too.

And yes, jws can own and use guns to hunt legally. But there is strong pressure not to have guns at all citing an example in Africa of a country going through civil war and the jws homes were searched and because no guns were found were not arrested or killed.

But I know quite a few elders who hunt and if the circuit assembly is scheduled during hunting season, go hunting deer regardless of the threats by the CO from the platform.

Blondie

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I knew an elder who used to be a cop. He said that his congregation wrote to the society because he wanted to get baptized. According to the elder, the society said that he could get baptized, but he couldn't have any privileges, period. If I remember correctly, he also said the letter said that he could not use the gun to kill anyone if the situation presented itself or else he would risk getting disfellowshipped. He remained a cop for a while, but eventually quit to find a different type of job.

• moshe
    moshe

Back in 1976 I went to an elders school we had a State Policeman in the class. I asked the instructor privately, why he could carry a gun and still be one of the meek ones who inherit the earth- no logical answer from him on that one. I wondered, if that elder quit being a cop to keep his elder status a few years later when that WT adjustment came out.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Sure, go right ahead. Three guys will want to "chat" with you in the "back room" after the next meeting.

BP

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No microphone privileges?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit