Nice Experience with my "Worldly" Relatives

by bavman 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

I'm glad, bavman. Not all "worldly" relatives are so forgiving. Some of mine are still "punishing" me 5 years later.

• bavman
    bavman
    I wonder if he might be one of our compatriots here??:)

Ah, no. That uncle is Seventh Day-Adventist believe it or not. Some interesting background on both "worldly" aunts and uncles. My "blood" aunt and uncle (who are brother and sister) were both studied with by witnesses when they were young along with 5 other siblings. They never became witnesses as the others had although my aunt did supposedly stand on street corners while wearing "watchtower placards" (or whatever they were called). Also, all four of these "worldly" aunts and uncles visited a few years back my witness uncle (who is a member of a branch committee) down in S. America. They even toured the bethel branch there. They understand very well how all this works and as my girlfriend said, 'they don't seem to be intimidated in the least'. My "missionary" uncle who I had been very close to while a witness and even named after is apparently here nearby for a visit but never came to this reception.

Another side note is that one of my cousins that I saw at this reception was one of the people I had sent a x-mas card to a few years ago (he never called). He was very friendly and said he had kept my card along with my number but hadn't had the 'courage' to call. I think sometimes it can be just as uncomfortable for our "worldly" relatives to reconnect but it doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to. I suppose in this situation it is best not to give up but keep opening yourself up to your relatives (if you are in an emotional position to do so).

• unique1
    unique1

AWESOME!!! You gave a real witness to your JW family that day.

I had a similar thing happen at Christmas time with my dad's side of the family. We really enjoyed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit