Need a good question to ask a JW at work

by claytoncapeletti 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I am looking for one of their beliefs that science and or history can totally dispute. I may only be able to ask one question and there is a good chance that it will end up back to the elders. So I need the best of the best!

Funny question:

Is it true that you guys wear funny underwear?

Do you guys run Sunday School for the kids? What do they do then?

Relationship question:

Is it true that a mother would shun her own son if he took up smoking? How would shunning him help him stop?

How do you know that the divorce rate is lower amongst the Witnesses? How many divorces have been in your own congregation?

Have you shunned anyone? How are they related to you? How do you feel about that? Have they come back to your religion? Not very effective, huh?

Ethical question:

If Jehovah is the author of all life, why would he require you to refuse a life-saving blood transfusion? Didn't Jesus himself give his blood for us?

Science question:

Where did coal come from?

Where in the bible does it describe an ice age?

If the light from the farthest stars are millions of light-years away, how can the earth be younger?

Factual question:

If yours is the only true religion because of the preaching work, what about the Gideons, Mormons, and the Jesus Film people? Why aren't you guys in China? Doesn't Jehovah love East Indians and Chinese too?

How can it be that the preaching work is wrapping up if the population is now outstripping Witness growth? Most children born today will never hear your message.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Why can the Witnesses have big baby shower parties for pregnant Sisters, where

there is cake, ice cream, and other foods and plenty of nice presents for the unborn

baby. Everyone is looking forward to the birthday of the baby. Now the baby is born

and they can't acknowledge the birthday of the baby a year later with cake, ice cream

and gifts for the baby.

Go figure.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would leave most points alone, they will dismiss old teachings as proof that "the light gets brighter", they will not accept the scholars who confirm the falsehood of 607bce , but I would go for the jugular with a moral values question. "How can you justify the planned slaughter of nearly 6 billion innocent souls whose only crime is to reject the WTS?"

Say it as loudly as possible to cause maximum embarrassment. Expect a denial so be prepared with plenty of quotes to show that this is exactly what they teach. They may fall back on , "If it is Gods will, so be it...." to which a question may be, "Is that the God you love and worship and want to be like "

There is a lot of mileage in there.

• blondie
    blondie

Can a witness store his/her own blood? Why not. Listen to their answer, especially the scriptures.

Then ask if a jw can use Hemopure and other products made from blood fractions. Probably get a blank look from most jws but a few savvy ones might say yes.

Then say you are confused, if storing blood is wrong for a Christian, how can jws accept blood fractions made from stored blood that should not even exist if it had been "poured" out.

Gives them food for thought.

Blondie

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Why do scholars spend years reading and studying the Bible and they never even come close to believing the doctrines of the JWs?

Why was it ok for Jesus to disobey the Sabbath to save the life of an animal and a man but we can't disobey the blood law to save a life?

• Marcel
    Marcel

if there would be THAT short little question the JWs dont know an answer for, the cult wouldnt exist anymore. there actually ARE some questions, but they are usually answered by:

- worldy sources arent reliable, if they contradict JW theology
    - most arguments against JW theology are just evil lies created by satan who let those arguments look like truth
    - direct evidence from the bible is just misinterpretation of it. JWs have the only proper interpretation.
    - critics at JW laws are tries of satan to lure JWs into disobeying god (like the blood thing)

its sad, but there is no ONE killer-question in JW land.

• sparrow
    sparrow

I have to say I was blown away by the UN thing. Maybe print the 1 page document and take it to work and show them when you ask the question about the association.

• blondie
    blondie

I will add that your question may not bear fruit immediately. I was asked a thought provoking question that gnawed away for ten years at my psyche before I left. So remember, it's just a start, not the end, whatever question you use.

And the soil has to be receptive...a jw expression I know. But the seed can lie dormant as events and happenings in their jw lives may make it more likely to sprout.

jws have to already be wondering..............

Blondie

• besty
    besty

Why are you forbidden from talking to ex-members? I know that Scientologists and Moonies have the same practice...isn't this a hallmark of a mind-control cult?

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Why is it so important to figure out when the Gentile times ended? We are the Gentiles.

Anything in the blood is still blood. view Red Cross sights.

Oh all of it is doctrines and debates with a J.W.

When do we start to call Jesus Mighty God?

If you believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel then why talk about Jesus? Why not Michael? Why not end prayers with Michael. After all most people who do not believe Jesus is Michael believe he is Jehovah! WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit