Turkey Dinner

by Carmel 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

All of you are invited to the real Macoy Thanksgiving Dinner at my place! Well all but Mrs. Wit, or was that Twit? She has her jiggers and snakes and southern comfort to keep her company.

In case you couldn't tell, I wish I were in the good ol US this week for the Bird! NO body does TG here in Israel, maybe cause they don't think they have anything to be thankful for!

Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving weekend, ya hear?

carmel

• Peter
    Peter

Sorry to hear there's no turkeyday in Israel. I guess that proves it's one of those nationalistic holidays JWs are supposed to avoid. You know - celebrating Thanksgiving is pledging loyalty to the old US of A.

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes. Thanksgiving will always be my favorite holiday. Everyone gets exactly what they expect - good food and lots of it, along with a few laughs, friends and family and maybe a drink or two.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Sweetpea!

We're going, as a family, over to one of my children's house. First time in 30 yrs. to have turkey on the Thanksgiving. wow.....

Her husband is a gourmet cook (I'm so jealous) and his mother is bringing some really old-fashioned southern cooking.

I'm bringing some stuff too - the ones my daughter knows I don't burn.

Rather anxious about it. The first step into a fallen spiritual life. Ha! I'll at least be well fed!

waiting

What DO you eat in that desert of yours? Poor baby.

Edited by - waiting on 21 November 2000 20:14:32

• Carmel
    Carmel

Tell you the truth there Peapod, I'm making Seven-up Salad that Em sent the receipt for! My only sin!

Carmel, sufferin from snake bite

• Seven
    Seven

Carmel, You must try this recipe-
    ** http://www.tiac.net/users/cri/camel.html
    Seven
    Happy Thanksgiving

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I thought this post from H20 about holidays was right on the money

(thanks for all the help on the URL [url] http://www.cyberpass.net/~h2o/wwwboard/messages/299157.html[/url]

Path

• AhHah
    AhHah

Path,

That describes my childhood also. Sad but true.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah, yes, holiday witnessing. It was such FUN to be out in the snow looking at all the holiday decorations and the kids playing with their Christmas presents, knowing that there weren't any for me.....just a time slip where I could list all the magazines I forced on people that day.....NOT.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome back Seven, nice to see you here again

Even we don't have it here in the UK, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that does!

BTW: What is Thanksgiving actually celebrating?

I remember in my old congregation in Wales, holidays were an excellent opportunity to witness in the very rural areas which don't get covered very often. So on Christmas day we would all plod off into the countryside only to be told by an angry farmer to get lost - which we usually did anyway in all the little country lanes!

Edited by - angharad on 23 November 2000 11:51:9

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey seven,

Thanks for the Arabian delight! Actually a year ago I took a trip on a camel and spent the night in a Bedouin tent. We were served goat, lamb, camel and all kinds of sidedishes. Burped for 24 hours!

you ever hear about the twenty scientists that tried camels? all twenty went back to their wives!!!

carmel ducking for cover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit