Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-8-07 WT Study (RESURRECTION REAL?)

by blondie 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

I wonder if this will give a jolt to many who are desperately clinging to the hope that the end will come before they die. It seems the WT is starting to condition that most JW's should hope for a resurection. The "life is short" comment and the idea of looking forward to the afterlife as their future is new to most JW's from our time. Are they ready to accept that leap of faith to continue busting their humps only to be rewarded after death?

• blondie
    blondie

Hi. I just know that those in my mother's generation (80's) never thought they would retire let alone be facing death. The first one in that age bracket died last year.

Those in my age bracket think that they won't suffer a serious illness and die and people in their 50's are dying every day from cancer and heart attacks.

jws live in la-la land.

blondie

• Robert222
    Robert222

Its like this article is saying to look forward to your death as that's all the future holds, and your eventual resurrection. How do you raise children with that concept?

Did Jesus teach everyone that life is futile and to look forward to relief in death as it seems Job did?

• Flash
    Flash

I wonder how many of those that die during the GT will be resurrected? Those who are killed at Armageddon I know will not be.

The GT as I read Jesus words, isn't coming from God, but He does "end it" with Armageddon.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower's resurrection hope isn't a hope at all.

The Watchtower teaches that resurrection consists of a future body being created that is a duplicate of the person's body when they were alive and this duplicate body being imprinted by God with the personality and memories possessed by the person just before they died.

So what is the connection between the person who was alive and died and this future body? There is no "soul" that exists after death according to the Watchtower, so, as I asked in a previous posting, why should a person alive now have any expectation, or hope, that they will experience the sensations experienced by the future body?

All that will be accomplished is that a facsimile of the person will get to enjoy life forever.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Their explanation of the resurrection is an example of how Watchtower "reasoning" is intellectually bankrupt!

• blondie
    blondie

VM you are bringing up a point that has made the sci-fi community alive with speculation. I don't think science has a definite answer on this subject. Philosophy has discussed this, such as, "what is real?" only what I see; if I leave the room does "reality" disappear?

I personally believe that the essence of what we are is unique and does not depend on a body, physical or spiritual, to be activated.

Remember the Tom Ryker episode when Ryker got caught in a loop beaming back to the ship? 2 Rykers, one the version of himself up to that point, the other the person who progressed onward and had different experiences...2 different people really.

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

Hi blondie,

I do not claim that a resurrection with actual transfer of consciousness is impossible.

I only state that the way that the Watchtower explains it is lame when examined closely.

--VM44

• zack
    zack

This is what it has all come down to: DEATH. The WTS has held the carrot out to millions that they would NEVER have to die to receive the "reward." If you believe anything the Scriptures say about this, you would have to admit that in order to receive the "reward", the "gift", the "crown of life" (as Jesus had writen to the 7 congregations) one has to die. It isn't fear of Satan that keeps people from experiencing the best life they can today, it is the fear of God put into their minds by the WTS that stunts a person's dreams, hopes, and aspirations. If the "work they did goes with them" (to paraphrase the scriptures) is true, why not do all that your hand finds to do?

As for a clone enjoying eternity, I agree with VM44. The WTS definition of a resurrection has NOTHING to do with the PERSON who hoped in that resurrection. If everything about you is gone, including that essence that made you who you are, then it is something other than who "you" who stands up. "You" continue to be non-existant.

If, on the other hand, what we know as Death today simply means that we are transferred from one plane of existence to another, then I think "you" would continue. "Christendom's" hope of life in Heaven is certainly more believable to me now than the WTS's "resurrection."

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

thyere was a paragraph that had the term,"maligned god"in it..the reader AND the dumbass speaker kept pronouncing it mal-alligned...idiots..too bad they didnt take their worldly education more seriously,,then they wouldnt appear to be such MAL-ADJUSTED dumbasses...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit